2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Cribby is giving me the early info and I gave him my secret recipe for semolina pudding.
Because I am sure people wanna know:

70g of semolina.

600 ml of Milk

vanilla sugar (one small package is enough)

some salt for the milk before you put the semolina in

cinnamon and sugar mixed together to top it off

low calories and makes you full. doesn't require much time, just attention because it can burn quickly

My buddy drives for FedEx and isn’t an independent contractor. He gets benefits, retirement and a boatload of overtime pay.
Its legit what I would do if I wouldn't have my job. The payment is really solid, the benefits are awesome and you can easily do it part-time.

My buddy drives for FedEx and isn’t an independent contractor. He gets benefits, retirement and a boatload of overtime pay.
Perhaps he's with the "air" side of Fedex which are employees. If he's with "ground" as an employee, it's an anomaly because their business model for Fedex Ground is contractor based.

My best friend has been an employee at Fedex (air) for 30 years. He works at an airport hub. It's public knowledge about Fedex ground contractors. They even advertise it as "would like to own your own business."

Maybe they aren't able to sell all their routes and have some employees driving for ground. As I said, that would be an anomaly.

Good for your friend because I couldn't imagine paying these gas prices and having zero leverage as an independent contractor to negotiate for more money. When you're making installment payments on the truck you bought from them, they have you over a barrel.

Its legit what I would do if I wouldn't have my job. The payment is really solid, the benefits are awesome and you can easily do it part-time.
It’s not a bad gig at all tbh. My buddy quit his job doing A/C repair to work there full time. They let you choose if/when you want to work overtime so if you want to do an extra hour or two on a Wednesday, they’ll pay you. Any weekend shifts are automatic overtime pay. I mean, you’ll never be a millionaire but it’s a decent gig

Advertisement
It’s not a bad gig at all tbh. My buddy quit his job doing A/C repair to work there full time. They let you choose if/when you want to work overtime so if you want to do an extra hour or two on a Wednesday, they’ll pay you. Any weekend shifts are automatic overtime pay. I mean, you’ll never be a millionaire but it’s a decent gig
I know that some living close to me do it because they want to fill the gap before they enter retirement. Many elder people get fired because they are "too old".

Fed Ex & Fed GROUND are ran two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAYS(just had this discussion with a Fed Ex Ground & a Fed Ex Express Driver yesterday…
Maybe it’s fed ex express then. I know he drives a truck and makes deliveries

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope so but I'm not too sure on this one anymore. Ohio St is really in this and I can't make heads or tails of the update just posted.
Of course they're in it but we've beaten out lots of CFB heavyweights lately so we're in a good spot. We won't win them all but this particular one is a solid bet.

Correct. They're not really owners. They've "operators" which is like a manager, but worse. They're tied into the company financially.

Similarly, FedEx ground sells trucks and routes to independents. Sounds really great, but people have to bust their *** delivering alot more packages to pay off the truck and earn a living since FedEx controls how much independents get paid per package. Their entire FedEx Ground operation is made up of independent contractor drivers.

IMO, these are just shady ways to get people locked in without paying them benefits as an employees. Kind of like sharecropping.

Yikes, if you're an independent, that deal is worse than a Cannon Smith deep out.

so we’re all just assuming he’s committing on Saturday without him ever announcing he’s committing on Saturday?

Advertisement
big wave surfing surf GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back