4-star RB Murphy looks to rejoin NY teammates at Miami

Advertisement
Only RB I tell this kid to “hold off” for is Knighton. If Knighton goes off the board..whoever out of him and Parrish commits first gets the last spot.

Holmes I take as a “DJ Dallas” type athlete.

I like Knighton, Holmes and Parrish better. IMO quickness and ability to read blocking more important than track speed. Combine those attributes with strength and ability to break tackles then a big back like Gus Edwards will be more effective than a 4.4 scat back guy.

Gogeta, what is it about him that impresses you? Asking seriously as I haven’t seen his HS highlight film yet. Thanks mate

Advertisement
  1. I clearly stated that was his sophmore time
  2. Very unlikely he weighed 220 when he ran that.
  3. It's so people who don't know how to evaluate track times have a couple of players to measure his time against. Leonard Fournette ran a 21.71 in HS if that helps you.

I'm not sure why you're so focused on the 1 time he ran the 200. If he had 10 listed races that might mean something but 1 single result, especially indoors, shouldnt hold much weight

It's clear the race he runs more frequently is the 55m, which is actually relevant for football speed. He's sub-7 in that race, which is a solid time especially for a 220 lb RB (and he weighed 220 lbs at a camp the same week he ran a 6.98 55m).

He's not a burner but he clearly moves well for his size

1. That was indoor track time for the 200m with 2 turns as a sophomore
  2. He is 220 pounds
  3. What do the other two have to do with this RB?

Pretty unfair to look at an indoor track time and compare it against freaking prime time. There are some indoor tracks where you have to throw the times completely out.

I’m not saying he’s fast because I don’t think he has elite speed but I don’t think he’s 24 seconds slow. My guess is 4.7 mid

The big back narrative is overrated. We don't need a big back. We need elite running backs. My rankings to pair with the Don Chaney would be Knighton, Holmes, Parrish, then Murphy.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why you're so focused on the 1 time he ran the 200. If he had 10 listed races that might mean something but 1 single result, especially indoors, shouldnt hold much weight

It's clear the race he runs more frequently is the 55m, which is actually relevant for football speed. He's sub-7 in that race, which is a solid time especially for a 220 lb RB (and he weighed 220 lbs at a camp the same week he ran a 6.98 55m).

He's not a burner but he clearly moves well for his size

I said in my orginal post i wouldn't put much stock in one 200 meter time......Try to pay attention.

The big back narrative is overrated. We don't need a big back. We need elite running backs. My rankings to pair with the Don Chaney would be Knighton, Holmes, Parrish, then Murphy.
We absolutely need a big back. Especially if your offense will be based on quick strikes. Alot of this offense is within 12 yards. That allows the safety's to play up. Hes a big back which allows you to play to the teeth of the d & hes also a recieving threat that we can split out wide. Personally I'm not big on him or Parrish. But if I had to take one it would be Murphy out of those 2.

We absolutely need a big back. Especially if your offense will be based on quick strikes. Alot of this offense is within 12 yards. That allows the safety's to play up. Hes a big back which allows you to play to the teeth of the d & hes also a recieving threat that we can split out wide. Personally I'm not big on him or Parrish. But if I had to take one it would be Murphy out of those 2.
I would think that Enos may like the Big Back like CMR and Sabag.
Alex Collins (Ark), Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon, Bo Scarborough, etc.

Advertisement
Normally when you see a kid at RB his size in HS you see a lot gaudier numbers and little more "wow" factor on the film. Especially considering his level of competition. That being said i didn't see any holes in his game. He did everything well, just nothing outstanding imo. I'd like to see some testing #'s on him. All i could find were some track #'s that arent good but they were from his sophmore year so i wouldn't put too much stock in it.

200m 24.39 (sophmore HS)

For an player comparison (Their college times are listed)
Deion Sanders 20.76
Jerome Mathis 20.32

-There are a lot of hall of fame running backs that are 4.5-4.6 guys who could not approach these times but were tremendous players in college and the NFL.
Speed is generally specific to a position and a players size. In addition, Deon Sanders was always being teased about his lack of physicality in tackling. He was fast but not that physical.

I think my issue is I really want this guy to be Marcus Crowley and he’s nowhere close to him ... I know I need to move on! Lol

Advertisement
That’s a good point. Do we not have any big backs on the roster between DeeJay, Burns, and Martin?

Advertisement
Back