4-star OT Wilkins plans UM official visit in December

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Camden Fairview (AR) 4-star OT Stacey Wilkins more than held his own and didn’t allow a single sack against some talented rushers in yesterday’s OL/DL drills at the Opening Finals. Wilkins picked up a Miami offer in recent weeks and his relationship with the staff at UM has accelerated to the point where he’s planning on an official visit to Coral Gables.

“Right now, we’re planning on it, I’ve talked to my parents about it,” Wilkins said on a potential UM official. “I’ve been talking to coach Searels, so if they want to, I’ll take it in December.”

What is it about the Canes that has gotten his attention so quickly?

“My mom and I love their sports medicine program,” Wilkins said. “One of the head doctors at the hospital near there is one of the head trainers on the staff. So, that’s one thing that really stands out to me because that’s what I want to get my degree in.”

Wilkins also intimated that he been made to feel wanted by OL coach Stacey Searels.

“Yes, sir I feel like a priority most definitely,” Wilkins said on UM. "The education side and coach Searels, the guys that he’s produced in the NFL, he’s just a real good coach.”

Wilkins, who measured in at 6’6.5” and 267 pounds, also plans on taking officials to Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas. After all his officials, he’ll make a decision in the new year during All-Star game season.

“All-Star game in January,” Wilkins said on his decision timetable. “After I take all my officials and stuff because they’ll all most likely be during the season.”

It’s clear the comfortability of the environment around the program and feeling a deep connection with all involved will be a big factor for Wilkins in the end.

“The family energy of the program and just wanting to be there,” Wilkins said on what he wants most in a school. “Feeling loved around the players and coaches.”

Advertisement
You are putting in work my man. Much appreciated.

As for this kid, I don't want to hear his name until he atleast visits lol. We have to have a strong season like last years to keep traction with kids like this. Especially all the way until December.

We have to hit on our OOS evals at OL and DL. Because until we take that leap into a Conference Championship and Playoff team, we're not going to be able cherry pick top SoFl talent.

If the academics are really important to him and his family, then we should have a very good chance to get him. Probably only Texas has as good a medical degree as the U. Coach Searles bring him in.

Advertisement
NFL O-line bloodline...related to Shawn and Stacey Andrews.

I’m actually surprised to hear he ain’t a lock to Arkansas.

This is a real deal LT prospect right here. Really would be great if we can get him on campus before his December OV

Has a good frame and good length. Will be a beast with added weight and strength. Good prospect too grab when in the needs of tackles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back