4-star OT Walker details Miami recruitment, official visit plans

U’re getting way off topic.

My point is, u don’t allow ANY kid to just come on campus like it’s nothing. Hence, we are treated as “Miami is Miami” or, “I don’t have to OV, b/c I’ve been there before; it’s right down the street.”

The tell-tale sign was dude was always on campus and not once hinted to committing. If that’s the case, get yo a$$ off my campus. This is for U players only. U can’t just be chillin at Bama’s campus w/o some sort of committal. U can’t just be chilling at Clemson’s campus w/o some sort of committal. F$U campus, O$U, USC, UCLA....NONE of them.

Yes, we want these young men to feel like family, but there’s a thin line between feeling like family and being family. If u been 3x, what the fck else do u have to think about or see? We became his 13th grade and in the end, got fck’d for it. Bet $ this won’t be happening under Diaz watch, even if that means we lose a kid’s interest.
Point taken.

But I disagree that this doesnt happen anywhere else. I guarantee it does.

Advertisement
Agree with this. If we don’t value what we got, kids will notice, and they won’t, either. If we do value it, we shouldn’t be giving it away for free. That just devalues it all. Let a kid visit a few times to get a look, a taste, develop a bit of a bond. But then it’s is you is or is you ain’t. You can’t be family without actually being family.

I think a good bit of that falls on the players. They should be policing that imo. We need some kids that are gonna make these kids feel uncomfortable instead of being totally cool with them coming to hang out while knowing **** well they are signing elsewhere.

I think a good bit of that falls on the players. They should be policing that imo. We need some kids that are gonna make these kids feel uncomfortable instead of being totally cool with them coming to hang out while knowing **** well they are signing elsewhere.
Meh. The staff sets the rules. If Richt invites kids over, there’s a limit to what guys on scholrship are going to sayor do. This is an area where the HC has to set the tone.

U’re getting way off topic.

My point is, u don’t allow ANY kid to just come on campus like it’s nothing. Hence, we are treated as “Miami is Miami” or, “I don’t have to OV, b/c I’ve been there before; it’s right down the street.”

The tell-tale sign was dude was always on campus and not once hinted to committing. If that’s the case, get yo a$$ off my campus. This is for U players only. U can’t just be chillin at Bama’s campus w/o some sort of committal. U can’t just be chilling at Clemson’s campus w/o some sort of committal. F$U campus, O$U, USC, UCLA....NONE of them.

Yes, we want these young men to feel like family, but there’s a thin line between feeling like family and being family. If u been 3x, what the fck else do u have to think about or see? We became his 13th grade and in the end, got fck’d for it. Bet $ this won’t be happening under Diaz watch, even if that means we lose a kid’s interest.
You think Al Blades, Edge, Webster and some of those dudes on those teams would’ve put up with that sht?!
These mf’ers think we’re supposed to treat greentree and the facilities like some summer day camp for the high school players down here.
If you really wanna be here commit and we’ll see you when you enroll.
That also should’ve been a sign that we either didn’t have the leadership or the staff was not allowing the leaders to lead.
That’s the reason we have all these kids bouncing and saying crazy sht like they bleed orange and green and saying that im Miami and will always be miami.
These kids already feel like they’re canes. Smh.
Could you imagine the twitter sht storm if bama s highest rated recruit decommited and said I will always bleed crimson?!! They’re fans would have a **** field day on Twitter. But we’re told to calm down.

Advertisement
You think Al Blades, Edge, Webster and some of those dudes on those teams would’ve put up with that sht?!
These mf’ers think we’re supposed to treat greentree and the facilities like some summer day camp for the high school players down here.
If you really wanna be here commit and we’ll see you when you enroll.
That also should’ve been a sign that we either didn’t have the leadership or the staff was not allowing the leaders to lead.
That’s the reason we have all these kids bouncing and saying crazy sht like they bleed orange and green and saying that im Miami and will always be miami.
These kids already feel like they’re canes. Smh.
Could you imagine the twitter sht storm if bama s highest rated recruit decommited and said I will always bleed crimson?!! They’re fans would have a **** field day on Twitter. But we’re told to calm down.

This too. But as I’ve stated b4, the kids take on the personality of the coaches. Coaches treat The U like a public golf course instead of a prestigious country club, so will our student athletes. Then they wanna get mad and tweet after the fact. Naw; to ur point our football team need to put an end to this all around. BUT it takes a queue from the head guys. I’m interested to see if Manny backs up his talk on the field, b/c we’ll see a real cultural change here, and it won’t matter if the players being recruited is a 5 star or a 2 star....the culture of being grade-a savages & jerks will be established.

What has scar ever won. I googled their football history it's pathetic man. But you keep the spin going.
We won the SEC east in 2010, finished 2013 with 3 consecutive 11 win seasons and finished #4, good enough to be in the playoffs had they existed. Not to mention the #1 overall pick with Clowney in the draft. There are also several close losses as well.
I said myself the history overall for U of SC is not great, but in the last 10 years they've done more/had a bit more hype than we have.

Yeah USCe through Spurriers tutelage has more recent history than Miami unfortunately. We will need to re-establish our legacy with the local kids through results on the field. We do that, and we will, then the only thing between us and these other upper echelon schools will be the amount of bag the kid gets.

Advertisement
Its within the topic but not understanding your aim?

well i didnt go through the entire thread, but seeing a few responses about how manny shouldnt allow kids to come through and visit constantly. i was just mentioning how manny seems to be more open to allowing kids come on vs denying them access if theyre not going to commit. again, i listened to it on the go, so i couldve misunderstood.

well i didnt go through the entire thread, but seeing a few responses about how manny shouldnt allow kids to come through and visit constantly. i was just mentioning how manny seems to be more open to allowing kids come on vs denying them access if theyre not going to commit. again, i listened to it on the go, so i couldve misunderstood.
Right I mean I understand what you are saying but unsure you quoted the right guy.

Advertisement
Ha. Come on, man. Unless those numbers are PIN numbers, it had little to do with that particular decision. That story is well-known around Miami. And, Stephenson should not be welcomed as a "Miami guy" ever again. No good luck. No bad luck to him. Just indifference.

There is NO other way to spin that with a straight face.

Meh. The staff sets the rules. If Richt invites kids over, there’s a limit to what guys on scholrship are going to sayor do. This is an area where the HC has to set the tone.
You think the head coach is letting kids come over to the dorms and play video games with their "friends" on the weekend?

You think the head coach is letting kids come over to the dorms and play video games with their "friends" on the weekend?
Not sure what we’re discussing here. I think the HC has control over access to the program. Kids can hang out privately all they want, but my sense is we’re talking about something different. Hanging around practices, program facilities, that’s different from video games on weekends.

Advertisement
Yeah USCe through Spurriers tutelage has more recent history than Miami unfortunately. We will need to re-establish our legacy with the local kids through results on the field. We do that, and we will, then the only thing between us and these other upper echelon schools will be the amount of bag the kid gets.

There is literally no kid in south florida that cares about south carolina or have even saw a south carolina game in prime time down here. South Carolina is where a s.fla kid goes if he doesnt have an offer from the big 3 orthe typical louisville type school.

We won the SEC east in 2010, finished 2013 with 3 consecutive 11 win seasons and finished #4, good enough to be in the playoffs had they existed. Not to mention the #1 overall pick with Clowney in the draft. There are also several close losses as well.
I said myself the history overall for U of SC is not great, but in the last 10 years they've done more/had a bit more hype than we have.
Yeah and once again I will say this. Y’all bought that success without punishment and Miami was on probation for 6 years for doing less.

There is literally no kid in south florida that cares about south carolina or have even saw a south carolina game in prime time down here. South Carolina is where a s.fla kid goes if he doesnt have an offer from the big 3 orthe typical louisville type school.
Louisville is trying to become south Florida back up plan kid university

Advertisement
Back