4-star OT Walker details Miami recruitment, official visit plans

View as article
Saw this earlier today - we offered this kid but looks like he will go elsewhere. Kid seems very mature -

This is a great tweet.

Unfortunately, when you're dealing with 16, 17 year old kids, they all aren't as mature as that young man. But, that is something PARENTS need to instill in their children. Unfortunately, a lot of these kids parents are of the idea that life is nothing but a big crazy hustle so thats what they teach their kids...that life is a hustle and everyone or thing must be hustled. A lot of these young men do not have good guidance in their lives and you get a lot of madness as a result. Heck, many of them are being used as a hustle for someone in their lives they assume mean well.

Advertisement
So was Gurvan Hall
Hall was a palm beach kid and wasn’t on campus that much.
I think Henderson and Jobe were at school a lot.
But Stevenson was like all up in the dorms and sht.
I told people that even if Stevenson lived in a tent on greentree I wouldn’t buy it until the ink was dry.
There was absolutely no reason for that recruitment to have gone down like that.

I told people that even if Stevenson lived in a tent on greentree I wouldn’t buy it until the ink was dry.
There was absolutely no reason for that recruitment to have gone down like that.

Ya the Stevenson **** was an insult.

EVERYBODY knew what was going on and the staff still let it happen. They had to know, and it was on them and the players that let him hang around for allowing it to happen. You wanna be friends and whatever else, that’s fine, but when he’s disrepecting your program like that you cut it off

Advertisement
Ya the Stevenson **** was an insult.

That’s on us. We allowed that chit. Then we truly become Miami is just Miami.

Dude was given a free pass and I said that if he’s coming up there that often & not committed, then he’s not signing here. I can’t even say fck him, but we fck’d ourselves w that one. We tricked him & Jobe off. The signs were there, and the greenery of the staff (Banda) couldn’t pick up on it.

Dude was given a free pass and I said that if he’s coming up there that often & not committed, then he’s not signing here. I can’t even say fck him, but we fck’d ourselves w that one. We tricked him & Jobe off. The signs were there, and the greenery of the staff (Banda) couldn’t pick up on it.
Stop. He wanted to be at Miami. But we failed on the field. That’s it. 7-6? Or 11-2 UGA with a top 3 class? Cmon man. Not hard to see the truth.

Advertisement

jobe was committed here being the only diff

This is a great tweet.

Unfortunately, when you're dealing with 16, 17 year old kids, they all aren't as mature as that young man. But, that is something PARENTS need to instill in their children. Unfortunately, a lot of these kids parents are of the idea that life is nothing but a big crazy hustle so thats what they teach their kids...that life is a hustle and everyone or thing must be hustled. A lot of these young men do not have good guidance in their lives and you get a lot of madness as a result. Heck, many of them are being used as a hustle for someone in their lives they assume mean well.

lol professionals demand trades all the time after signing contracts. nothing to do with kids, imo. transfer of power really

Stop. He wanted to be at Miami. But we failed on the field. That’s it. 7-6? Or 11-2 UGA with a top 3 class? Cmon man. Not hard to see the truth.
Ha. Come on, man. Unless those numbers are PIN numbers, it had little to do with that particular decision. That story is well-known around Miami. And, Stephenson should not be welcomed as a "Miami guy" ever again. No good luck. No bad luck to him. Just indifference.

Advertisement
Naw; Imma call bull chit on that. He could’ve committed a min ago. No pass on that, my g
I’ll give kids a pass every time until we A) start winning or B) start paying. If none of us would work for free for our favorite charities ain’t no way I’m going to hate on a 16 year old for taking a check to win. Don’t play yourself.

Advertisement
I’ll give kids a pass every time until we A) start winning or B) start paying. If none of us would work for free for our favorite charities ain’t no way I’m going to hate on a 16 year old for taking a check to win. Don’t play yourself.

U’re getting way off topic.

My point is, u don’t allow ANY kid to just come on campus like it’s nothing. Hence, we are treated as “Miami is Miami” or, “I don’t have to OV, b/c I’ve been there before; it’s right down the street.”

The tell-tale sign was dude was always on campus and not once hinted to committing. If that’s the case, get yo a$$ off my campus. This is for U players only. U can’t just be chillin at Bama’s campus w/o some sort of committal. U can’t just be chilling at Clemson’s campus w/o some sort of committal. F$U campus, O$U, USC, UCLA....NONE of them.

Yes, we want these young men to feel like family, but there’s a thin line between feeling like family and being family. If u been 3x, what the fck else do u have to think about or see? We became his 13th grade and in the end, got fck’d for it. Bet $ this won’t be happening under Diaz watch, even if that means we lose a kid’s interest.

My point is, u don’t allow ANY kid to just come on campus like it’s nothing. Hence, we are treated as “Miami is Miami” or, “I don’t have to OV, b/c I’ve been there before; it’s right down the street.”

The tell-tale sign was dude was always on campus and not once hinted to committing. If that’s the case, get yo a$$ off my campus. This is for U players only. U can’t just be chillin at Bama’s campus w/o some sort of committal. U can’t just be chilling at Clemson’s campus w/o some sort of committal. F$U campus, O$U, USC, UCLA....NONE of them.

Yes, we want these young men to feel like family, but there’s a thin line between feeling like family and being family. If u been 3x, what the fck else do u have to think about or see? We became his 13th grade and in the end, got fck’d for it. Bet $ this won’t be happening under Diaz watch, even if that means we lose a kid’s interest.
He's so oft topic.. and you wonder how many of these bag kids actually make it to the league and then I wonder how many see a second contract. That would be some good data.

Agree with this. If we don’t value what we got, kids will notice, and they won’t, either. If we do value it, we shouldn’t be giving it away for free. That just devalues it all. Let a kid visit a few times to get a look, a taste, develop a bit of a bond. But then it’s is you is or is you ain’t. You can’t be family without actually being family.

Advertisement
Back