4 star OL JohnCarlo Valentin to visit......

deerob305

Junior
4 star OL JohnCarlo Valentin is a Oklahoma commit, but grew up a big Canes fan and will officially visit on Jan 29th..giving the Canes the last shot, any chance? Can anybody summarize the article on CS?

Advertisement
Most will say it's a free trip. Getting a kid to take an official visit means you always have a shot! Hopefully we can sell him we need to revamp the O line and D line

Love to see him in this class. You win game at the line of scrimmage. Philly kid, convince him his family would rather come to Miami than Norman.

It's a free article. I was able to read it. Nothing groundbreaking. He likes Searls and he recruited him at VT. Does sound like he is locked in with OU though.

These JUCO OL seem to rarely pan out. Watching the Championship game for whatever reason Bama was starting a JUCO guy at RT. That guy got beat like a rented mule all night. As for Miami, the only JUCO OL we have had that has amounted to anything is McKinney.

Advertisement
These JUCO OL seem to rarely pan out. Watching the Championship game for whatever reason Bama was starting a JUCO guy at RT. That guy got beat like a rented mule all night. As for Miami, the only JUCO OL we have had that has amounted to anything is McKinney.
s

Shockey says think more

He's not JUCO...

Advertisement
Everybody grew up a canes fan huh

Standard recruiting talk. The young men we're recruiting today aren't fans of us unless they like seeing their team beat like a drum. Unless their parents are showing them things from the past, they've never seen a good team of ours.

Advertisement
I think we could have a chance based on a relationship with Searels. The kid is from Philly, nowhere near Oklahoma. It will be tough, but I believe we have a chance.

https://miami.n.rivals.com/news/valentin-sets-cane-official-visit

As other posters mentioned he has a relationship with UM's Online coach from when he was at VT. The secret sauce here is that Valentin is friends with former UM Dlinemen Justin Renfrow ( who was a Al Golden. 5th year transfer guy from UVA), they are from the same neighborhood in Philly. An Renfrow has been in his ear about how good it is to be a Cane. Valentin did preface the interview by saying he committed to OU for a reason, then saying anything is possible. He set up the UM visit a few hours after he committed to OU.

I will say this landing the kid would be good for UM because he is an exceptional pulling guard that is deadly blocking in open space for someone his size. Very similar to 2016 OG Solomon Kindley from Raine's HS in Jacksonville, Fl

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everybody grew up a canes fan huh

Standard recruiting talk. The young men we're recruiting today aren't fans of us unless they like seeing their team beat like a drum. Unless their parents are showing them things from the past, they've never seen a good team of ours.

I wonder how much the ESPN 30 for 30 shows influence these young guys.

I doubt very little. It's ancient history while Bama is winning another, a guy in Columbus, OH wants his throne, there's an upstart at Clemson, Jumbo has FSU on top of the state, a potential great at Ann Arbor, etc.

In his defense, he played in wing T run heavy offenses in high school and juco. One of the commentators pointed that out while he was having trouble. Still must be pretty good to start on Bama's oline.

Gotta like a **** who'll knock a dude down and then take a few steps to go ahead and dive on him for good measure.

Advertisement
Back