4-star OL Denis lining up official visits, sets decision date

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes are set to take a big class on the offensive line in 2020. OL coach Butch Barry has a quite a rebuild ahead of him, and he has long seen South Dade (FL) 4-star OL Jonathan Denis as an important piece of the puzzle.

“He says I’ll fit in the offense,” Denis said of Barry. “The way I play and how Miami does things is my style of play.”

Denis has been pursued by various Power 5 programs for over a year now, and he is ready to begin wrapping things up with his recruitment.

“I’m just taking visits for right now,” Denis said. “Also, I’m committing on August 9th.”

Ahead of his summer decision, one of those trips was his first official visit of the process, which went to Louisville over May 31st weekend.

“Great school, great program, great coaches, great people, great city,” Denis said of Louisville. “It was amazing.”

Aside from his trip to the Cardinals, Denis has been slowly setting up his other OV’s. He has three others set, including one this weekend to Indiana.

“I also have Oregon and Kentucky, the only other ones that are set up right now,” Denis said. “UK will be June 21-23. For Oregon, July 26 is the date we’re looking at, but it’s not for sure yet.”

With four of his official visits essentially set, Denis has one more on the table. Will it go to Miami?

“Oh for sure, no doubt”

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams we looking like the team to beat here??

Feel like I haven't heard much noise about him coming here recently? but I know we have 2 of his boys committed (we know how that is) currently

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gimme Denis and Mclaughlin to wrap this o line class up. Walker seems like he'll string us along till last second and leave us at the altar with our d**** in our hands.
Not sure why Mclaughlin doesnt seem like he would do the same? Walker has been on campus 10 times more

Advertisement
If we get an OV, I think we'll get the commit.

Oregon is a wildcard because they really know how to wow kids that visit up there, but as long as we get the last OV I think he's ours for now.

My concern with him has always been FSU, looks like they're not after him as of now though.

Advertisement
Gimme Denis and Mclaughlin to wrap this o line class up. Walker seems like he'll string us along till last second and leave us at the altar with our d**** in our hands.
But he’s the most important recruit on the board. That’s how we compete with Clemson.

Advertisement
Back