4-star OG Hammond getting close to setting officials, discusses UM at the Opening

Advertisement
Guys they actually want like neal, bogle, stevenson and etc.

Then who tf are the backup plans if those guys go elsewhere? If they didn't want him for at least as a backup plan why contact him at all? We need to keep in contact with the plan b kids just as much as the plan a kids for obvious reasons. We're not in a position yet to offer a solid plan b kid out of nowhere with minimal contact and get a commit. (See Asante Samuel)

Last edited:
Then who tf are the backup plans if those guys go elsewhere?
At OL- maybe W. Wilson, or maybe they just take 3 and shoot for 5 next season
At DE- lot of names still alive. Summerall/T.Thomas/Weaver/And about 4-5 GA kids
At DB- We already have 4 committed...Maybe Nunn or B.Gant if no Stevenson.

Advertisement
LoL, why the panic over guys who havent played a down of college football. When coach richt was at UGA, he concentrated on recruiting mostly Georgia players, he didnt concern himself with getting to many Florida guys like kirby is. But to try and compare coach richt's recruiting to the money bag teams recruiting is not a good idea. One easy clue, when the Mother wants them at one school and they go to another school, that's a real good indication of "LET'S PLAY THE FEUD". Again just relax, its not about whether the db's we get are rated 4 or 5 stars, or whatever stars, who cares, nobody has stars over there heads hovering around on practice fields. As long as our db's are better than wr's they line up against we straight. If recruits like bogle, stevenson and neal dont come here, that's not gone stop the program, we'll find other guys, we already got jahfari harvey who's dang near a clone of jonathan garvin, we straight. I dont care about stars, i care about balla's and guys that want to be here.

You can see tho kirby is trying to mimic saban in that saban got jobe and surtain, so UGA is trying to get stevenson to pair with campbell. That's why a guy like nesta silvera is Great for UM, helping to bring that Miami pride back, although he not the only one, many guys on the roster have it. It's just like when Fsu's greatest linebacker to date marvin jones from Miami and signed with Fsu, while he was balling he still got the same treatment, "either sign with us or get beat by us", that's coming back pretty soon. Gumbo fisher left real quick now that coach richt is in town, he knew the party was over. We still got to ball out tho, cause as it stands right now, Fsu has the better qb's, and im curious to see how their receivers play now under kelly, i Love the competition, and i want to see how that defense is going to look under coach barnett. All those new coaches are about to get a real dose of what this UM-Fsu game is all about, the fun is back. I want to see how we play against this new offense as well, Fsu got some speed at receiver, but the great news is, it aint nothing our guys havent seen.

By the way coach kehoe and coach richt are around the same age. Coach searels has not proven that he's better than coach kehoe no matter what age!

Richt was only outside of the top 10 2 times in 15 years at uga.... yes smart is recruiting at higher level but he’s missing on a lot this year. They only have 6 of the top 50 in Georgia committed right now. A lot of the guys are who aren’t committed to uga are committed to out of state schools

Only thing I care is how many of those top 50 in Gawja are committed to us !?! We brought in Simpson to help tap into that gold mine...I hope as the season starts we begin to reap those rewards.

Only thing I care is how many of those top 50 in Gawja are committed to us !?! We brought in Simpson to help tap into that gold mine...I hope as the season starts we begin to reap those rewards.
I’m not sure that’s the sole reason we brought in Simpson, don’t get me wrong Georgia a great state with talent but a lot of the dlineman be over hyped.

Advertisement
I’m not sure that’s the sole reason we brought in Simpson, don’t get me wrong Georgia a great state with talent but a lot of the dlineman be over hyped.

Possibly, but I would like to find out regardless by actually snagging some folks from the peach state

Definitely better D line talent than here specially when you talking interior d linemen.

Some of y'all can't handle the truth. If we hoist again it won't be because we outreached the nation. It'll be because of our history and our location, with a competent staff that won't soil themselves in the Ferrari they were given.

Advertisement
And Kirby/Coley did more damage in SoFla in one year than CMR did ever down here. Not to mention last year Kirby signed the top 8 kids in GA, a feat CMR never did either. They're in love with Kirby in Athens, not many miss CMR (and a lot of them LOVED CMR)

I'm not talking smack, I'm talking facts. But carry on, keep calling me a troll. I would rather be called that and base my opinions on the facts, than be in denial like 90% of you 🤷

Of course they are.
He got them to the show....without playing Alabama.
Unfortunately for Kirb, Alabama was waiting at the Show.

I'm curious to see how much in love they are when they take a step back in '18.

Of course they are.
He got them to the show....without playing Alabama.
Unfortunately for Kirb, Alabama was waiting at the Show.

I'm curious to see how much in love they are when they take a step back in '18.

On offense they won't miss a beat.

Defense they lose some guys, but have recruited exceptionally in the past few years.

Unfortunately, I'm not counting on much of a drop-off.

Advertisement
On offense they won't miss a beat.

Defense they lose some guys, but have recruited exceptionally in the past few years.

Unfortunately, I'm not counting on much of a drop-off.
L M F A O. You really just said they won’t miss a beat on offense... So you call losing your best 2 Backs, Top Reciever, and a 1st Round LT not missing a beat. Log off.

I get it that they had a great season, but let’s pump the brakes on all the UGA a** kissin. That was a senior laden team, go look at the roster. You lose seniors like Chubb,michel, Wynn, wims, D.Bellamy, L.Carter not to mention their best defensive player roqaun smith. Those are not just guys who played and were kinda productive, were talking about that being their core their best players. Bring up the rankings all you want, it’s hard to replace that kind of production and most importantly leadership. We’ve seen programs like USC and Texas bring in monster classes for the last decade. Their has to be a great mixture in order to sustain that success and that’s asking a lot out of guys who haven’t played a lot, no matter how talented they are. Kirby still has to prove himself.

L M F A O. You really just said they won’t miss a beat on offense... So you call losing your best 2 Backs, Top Reciever, and a 1st Round LT not missing a beat. Log off.

Yes! D'andre Swift is just as dangerous as Chubb & Michel. Zamir White might better than all of them and then there's Cooks little brother & Holyfield Jr. They're not going to miss a beat at RB. UGA does not even pass much and yet they still return Hardman & Godwin. The OL needs to be worked on, but they signed the 2 best OL in the nation last cycle who are probably going to start right away #facts

Yes! D'andre Swift is just as dangerous as Chubb & Michel. Zamir White might better than all of them and then there's Cooks little brother & Holyfield Jr. They're not going to miss a beat at RB. UGA does not even pass much and yet they still return Hardman & Godwin. The OL needs to be worked on, but they signed the 2 best OL in the nation last cycle who are probably going to start right away #facts
That team was constructed just about as good as you can do it in this day and age of college football man. We’re talking about 25+ seniors and basically 10 of them were starters. To compare we had just 8! This upcoming season we have 9. You don’t see those numbers in big time college ball anymore, unless we’re talking about non group of 5 schools. If you truly think they can replace all that production then that’s just you. But I’m disagreeing.

Advertisement
Back