4-star LB Huff commits to UM, breaks down decision

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star LB Avery Huff committed to the Canes late Monday night, becoming Miami’s 12th commit in the 2019 class. It was the comfortability of the school and Huff’s relationship with Defensive Coordinator Manny Diaz that made the University of Miami the right program for him.

“I really chose Miami because me and my family feel that they best benefit me,” Huff said. “The school alone is great and coach Manny Diaz is a smart coach for me and (Anthony) Solomon. Under his coaching, the sky is the limit.”

Previously, Huff planned to make a top 10 list and announce his final decision on July 21st. What made him comfortable enough to speed up his process?

“Just to get it out the way,” Huff said on his decision. “Now, I can focus on my work learning the playbook and getting to know my Raider brothers better.”

With his commitment in the books, Huff can finally relax a bit and start getting to know his Surge19 classmates better, with one of those classmates being current STA teammate Anthony Solomon. While the process won’t come to a complete close for him at this time, Huff says if he does visit other schools, it will be for the fun of it. He also plans on putting on his recruiter hat to bring others into the fold at UM.

“I might still visit other schools just for the experience and to travel,” Huff said. “The rest of the players coming to Miami in our class, I think we have some talent. There are lots of other players I know that would fit Miami’s scheme, both offensive and defensive, and I want to get them on board.”

So, what kind of player is Miami getting with Huff?

“Miami is getting somebody that's coming with a goal, somebody that's determined,” Huff said.

And his expectations for his freshman season at UM?

“I want good luck. I’m also excited to see how coaches craft the incoming freshmen from our class.”

Advertisement
2019 St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star LB Avery Huff committed to the Canes late Monday night, becoming Miami’s 12th commit in the 2019 class. It was the comfortability of the school and Huff’s relationship with Defensive Coordinator Manny Diaz that made the University of Miami the right program for him.

“I really chose Miami because me and my family feel that they best benefit me,” Huff said. “The school alone is great and coach Manny Diaz is a smart coach for me and (Anthony) Solomon. Under his coaching, the sky is the limit.”

Previously, Huff planned to make a top 10 list and announce his final decision on July 21st. What made him comfortable enough to speed up his process?

“Just to get it out the way,” Huff said on his decision. “Now, I can focus on my work learning the playbook and getting to know my Raider brothers better.”

With his commitment in the books, Huff can finally relax a bit and start getting to know his Surge19 classmates better, with one of those classmates being current STA teammate Anthony Solomon. While the process won’t come to a complete close for him at this time, Huff says if he does visit other schools, it will be for the fun of it. He also plans on putting on his recruiter hat to bring others into the fold at UM.

“I might still visit other schools just for the experience and to travel,” Huff said. “The rest of players coming to Miami in our class, I think we have some talent. There are lots of other players I know that would fit Miami’s scheme, both offensive and defensive, and I want to get them on board.”

So, what kind of player is Miami getting with Huff?

“Miami is getting somebody that's coming with a goal, somebody that's determined,” Huff said.

And his expectations for his freshman season at UM?

“I want good luck. I’m also excited to see how coaches craft the incoming freshman from our class.”

:u5pyxda:

I'm glad Coach Diaz is getting his act together on the recruiting trail, now we need this Simpson bru to start pulling his weight.

Advertisement
I'm glad Coach Diaz is getting his act together on the recruiting trail, now we need this Simpson bru to start pulling his weight.

We have:

DT- Daxon and Brown.
DE- Cam Williams

Committed right now as of 5/8. Simpson just got here, give him some time. He had Harris committed till the bagman visited but that’s another issue.

We probably need another DT and at least 2 more DEs.

They’ll be some activity over the summer but it’s May, not the time to be worried.

Man, I know what you are saying, he has been here what now, 30 whole days, and no commits yet? What is wrong with him?!?!

Advertisement

Stupidity rears it’s ugly head again on CIS.....guys been here for 20 minutes it seems and you rag on him🤦‍♂️

Excellent grab!! If we can add Rian Davis to this group, OMGGGGGGGGGG... I just don't see him coming here with these current LB commits though.

Advertisement
Back