4 star guard Demetrious Knox on Rivals

Advertisement
Ft. Worth (TX) All Saints Episcopal OL Demetrius Knox lists a top five of Miami, Ohio State, UCLA, Florida State and Oregon. So far he's taken one visit out of those - to Ohio State.

"I'll visit the others this summer," he says, adding that his Miami visit will be at some point in June.

Knox says he has no one in front out of his top five.

He landed a Hurricane offer in early May and says he started getting recruited by UM a month before that.

"I talk to coaches there, coach (Art) Kehoe the most," Knox said. "He not only talks about football stuff, also about my daily life, how I'm doing in school. I talk to the coaches there every day."

Of why UM made his top five, Knox said, "I love everything about it - the tradition, everything. I see them going in the direction I'm trying to go in - they want to win a national championship, and I want to win a national championship in college."

What does he want in the college program he chooses?

"Well, all those (in his top five) are schools that are very prestigious in academics," Knox said. "I'm looking for a place I can just call home. If Miami's that place that's where I'll end up. I want a team that's just going to go out there and compete for a national championship."

Of when he'll announce a decision, Knox said, "I plan on committing in January at the Army All-America game ... or around national signing day."

Advertisement
Sure up the Oline for years to come i love it now lets get some Dline commits

what are we recruiting a class full of offensive lineman?

The coaches had this radical idea that if you get depth on the O-Line it is good for the offense.

Also we're losing Henderson and Linder this year and possibly 4 more next year (Felicano, Bunche, McDermott and Flowers)...5 OL makes sense, some will need to be ready for 2015.

You want to make your offense seem better than it really is, have talented O-Lineman moving the defense out of the way (works for defense too).

It is very important for this staff to get 5 offensive lineman signed in this class. We must build the type of depth that will allow guys to redshirt, this will put Miami in a position to be great upfront until at least 2017!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
So this dude said FSU and Oregon were very prestigious in academics...

89.gif

Advertisement
Knox, Martinez, Wynn? Who's gonna pull the trigger first?

this. i was thinking the same thing

If I would guess I would say Martinez because Knox and Wynn seem like they will take their time

Martinez is favoring fsu from reports. Talamaivao is also in there for elite guards that might take the last spot but I would be shocked if he committed to us

I don't think it matters who leads for Martinez now but who leads after he camps at both schools in the summer. Plus, I would love to see the other 4 olineman at least come to the campus and try to gain chemistry with Martinez and try to persuade him

Advertisement
Back