4-star DT Taylor gives thoughts on Hurricanes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Hurricanes have spent the past few weeks of the spring evaluation period expanding their board at defensive tackle. One of their most recent offers went out to 2020 4-star DT Eric Taylor, who put up 47 tackles, 12 TFL, and 3 sacks in his junior season at Hewitt-Trussville (AL).

“I feel like my junior year went pretty good. Our team did pretty good, we made it to the second round and lost to Taulia Tagovailoa,” Taylor said. “We’re going for that state championship, so we’re already hitting the off-season strong.”

DL coach Todd Stroud extended the offer to Taylor, who hopes to visit the Canes in the summertime.

“It was great because many people don’t get offers from Miami,” Taylor said. “I have high interest and I’m thinking about taking a visit this summer.”

A quick-strike defense like Miami’s is what is appealing to Taylor, and he loves the idea of making plays in the backfield, something the Canes have shined at under Manny Diaz.

“I love the defense, it’s set up for the D-Linemen to run free and make plays - no holding O-Linemen off the linebackers,” Taylor said. “They said I could play DE or the 3-technique and just really dominate anywhere. Also, it’s Miami, who wouldn’t wanna go there?”

The 6-4 280 pound prospect has made multiple spring visits over the off-season, including stops at Alabama, Georgia Tech, LSU, and FSU. However, Taylor maintains he is still very open at this point in the process.

“I’m still considering every team, and especially Miami,” Taylor said. “The main schools right now are pretty much every SEC school, Oregon, Florida State, and Georgia Tech.”

While Taylor has no current visits set up, he does have in mind the criteria he is looking for in a program as he begins to narrow things down.

“I’m thinking about coming out with a top 5 this summer and location is not that big of a problem,” Taylor said. “I’ll probably focus on schools that fit my playing-style and a school my mom really likes.”

Advertisement
Great offer. 2nd player we’ve offered from Trussville recently no? Love the staff attacking Birmingham.

Georgia Tech quietly have been recruiting really good
Georgia Tech quietly have been recruiting really good

Everybody wants to live in Atlanta. The issue is can they qualify. For the most part Their coach was holding them back Paul Johnson. GT would recruit well out side of GA quite honestly. They wont beat out UGA for anyone they really want though

Advertisement
Everybody wants to live in Atlanta. The issue is can they qualify. For the most part Their coach was holding them back Paul Johnson. GT would recruit well out side of GA quite honestly. They wont beat out UGA for anyone they really want though

GTECH has a shot with the kids that are academic.

Advertisement
Just don't get how anyone would want to go to or not want to get out of baga. That place is everything regressive about America.

What are you talking about, they have some lots to luv; sweet tea drinking smothered pork chops and butter beans cook's n southern belles at Baga. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:
50115165_417499812325807_4751569416150302197_n.jpg

Go Canes

Except for Buckhead (and one or two other areas), Atlanta is not a great place. Would not want to live there.

Ga Tech has had some quality individual football players over the years but is a fairly average football program. Given their location, they should be a power. Fairly stringent academic requirements are probably a limiting factor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back