4-star ATH Tennison attends Paradise Camp, hoping for UM offer

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Rockledge (FL) 4-star ATH Ladarius Tennison has spent his whole career playing on offense and defense, switching back and forth between running back and linebacker. However, out at Paradise Camp last week, Tennison was asked by the Miami coaches to play safety so they could get a look at him there.

“Well, this was my first time running some DB drills,” Tennison said of Paradise camp. “I did pretty good at it, that’s what coach [Ephraim] Banda said.”

Although he didn’t get to personally meet any of the guest coaches that were at the camp, Tennison said he enjoyed his time at Paradise overall and earned some praise for his work at DB from safeties coach Ephraim Banda as well.

“He was telling me that I was running the drills good and that my footwork was pretty good too,” Tennison said on Banda.

The 5’9” 185 pounder has begun to rack up some Power 5 offers from the likes of UNC, Ole Miss, Boston College, and Kentucky, but is still waiting on a verbal scholarship from the Canes. Banda has been Tennison’s lead recruiter to Miami and said an offer could be on the horizon.

“He said just to be patient,” Tennison said on Banda. “I’m supposed to call him after camp, so maybe then.”

While he names no current leaders, if he did get that UM offer, Tennison says the Hurricanes would immediately become a major player in his recruitment.

“If I get an offer from Miami, they’d probably be the top school. It’s just a brotherhood [at Miami] like they say,” Tennison said. “And the atmosphere is pretty nice too.”

Many programs are not in constant contact with 2020 recruits as they try to shore up their classes for the current cycle, but Tennison has said a few schools still talk to him regularly.

“I mostly hear from North Carolina, USF, UCF, and some other schools,” Tennison said.

Even though the Canes like him on defense, the Rockledge star will continue to play on both sides of the ball in his upcoming junior campaign. Does he prefer playing one over the other, offense or defense?

“I just like to play, so it doesn’t matter to me where,” Tennison said.

While it’s still early in the process for Tennison and he has no set decision timetable, it’s clear that academics and the environment of the program will be major factors for him in the end.

“Well, first is when I decide the type of career I’m trying to pursue, I’m going to be serious about it, so [Miami] being a private school, that’s a big deal,” Tennison said. “And then just the family feel [of a school], that will be the biggest part.”

Advertisement
He played at Palm Bay and they've always played their faster guys at LB. It'll be intetesting to see if he gets DB work at Rockledge

Has the speed as a sophomore ran the 100 meters in 11.21 in his first year in HS track. He is heading for a sub 11.0 as a junior at the latest a senior. He has a real thump when he hits and is fearless. Reminds me personally of a faster J. Johnson. You do not have to worry about him as a safety making tackles in the box.

Also like a poor mans Darren Sproles on offense.
Darren Sproles - Wikipedia

In addition to football, Sproles was a track star at Olathe (KS) North. He finished 2nd in the state in the 200 meters as a junior, with a time of 21.6 seconds. He also placed 4th at Class 6A States in 100 meters, with a time of 10.93 seconds, and 3rd in the 200 meters, with a time of 22.04 seconds.

Sproles has achieved personal bests of 10.6 seconds in the 100 meters and 21.6 seconds in the 200 meters.

Advertisement
I love the type of kids this program is recruiting. Kid sounds hungry for success in football and life. Great attitude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back