4-star ATH Richards details his Opening experience, where he is in the process

Advertisement
This staff doesn’t need to overthink this, if he says he wants to play offense, let him play offense, Richards and Payton is already an elite WR haul, they played together on team impact and were basically steam rolling competition. Now that Ladson & Dunmore is out the way, we can take care of WR recruiting & be done by adding these two, unless Haselwood wants in, shut it down with Payton & Richards.

Dunmore was never really an option.

Advertisement
One of the characteristics that I love about CMR is his honesty when dealing with players and their families. It's also one the most frustrating attributes as well. He's not like Meyer or Saban who will lie to a kid's face and then blame the kid. I know CMR would be crucified in SFl if he pulled that kinda crap, but I'm tired of OSU, Bama, UGA, etc. poaching guys who should be Cane locks.

MAR is another SoFla RECRUIT that will be a Hurricane come NSD.. Coach Rumph let these RECRUITS know, every good happened for him at The U!!

Advertisement
You could be worth a hundred million. Free money is free money.

beyond-cash-incentives-what-behavioral-science-can-tell-us-about-true-motivation-4-638.jpg

You could be worth a hundred million. Free money is free money.
It's not "free money." I guess you think stolen money is "free money" as well. There are potential consequences less you forget Nevin Shapiro. I hate people thinking doing the wrong thing is ok if you don't get caught. I say BS!!!!

Advertisement
It's not "free money." I guess you think stolen money is "free money" as well. There are potential consequences less you forget Nevin Shapiro. I hate people thinking doing the wrong thing is ok if you don't get caught. I say BS!!!!

And what happened to our players after Nevin Shapiro? Pretty much nothing. The players really have nothing to fear. It is the institution that recieves the penalty. The worst possible thing that happens to the kid is the team gets caught and they end up transferring unrestricted without having to redshirt(like Ole Miss). Stolen money is not free because you have to put in a modicum of effort. Getting a few hundred thousand to do something that you already plan on doing for free is free money.

And what happened to our players after Nevin Shapiro? Pretty much nothing. The players really have nothing to fear. It is the institution that recieves the penalty. The worst possible thing that happens to the kid is the team gets caught and they end up transferring unrestricted without having to redshirt(like Ole Miss). Stolen money is not free because you have to put in a modicum of effort. Getting a few hundred thousand to do something that you already plan on doing for free is free money.
Pretty much nothing? It set our program back 5 years!!! Look at Ole Miss. Tunsil got a few hundred bucks from a coach, and the school is buried for the next few years.

Let me call it what it is. It's bribery money. From athletes to politicians, it's bad news. Taking bribery money is against the rules. Doesit exist? Yes. Far too often. If a guy takes 100k he's not getting a slap on the wrist when he gets caught. His amateur career is done. The school will be set back for years. The fact that people like you think it's ok, it's not. ****es me off quite frankly!!!

We don't need people on here condoning that type of behavior.

If a player is good enough to be bribed 100k to play for a school, then he more than likely will make it to the NFL a few years down the road and be set for life. No matter how unlikely a player is to get caught, it's not worth it!!!

Pretty much nothing? It set our program back 5 years!!! Look at Ole Miss. Tunsil got a few hundred bucks from a coach, and the school is buried for the next few years.

Let me call it what it is. It's bribery money. From athletes to politicians, it's bad news. Taking bribery money is against the rules. Doesit exist? Yes. Far too often. If a guy takes 100k he's not getting a slap on the wrist when he gets caught. His amateur career is done. The school will be set back for years. The fact that people like you think it's ok, it's not. ****es me off quite frankly!!!

We don't need people on here condoning that type of behavior.

If a player is good enough to be bribed 100k to play for a school, then he more than likely will make it to the NFL a few years down the road and be set for life. No matter how unlikely a player is to get caught, it's not worth it!!!

Do you have issues with reading comprehension? "And what happened to our players after Nevin Shapiro? Pretty much nothing. The players really have nothing to fear. It is the institution that receives the penalty." The schools get ****ed. The players get off. From a players perspective there is nothing to worry about(even in the slight chance they get caught nothing happens to the player). Also, where do you see me saying it is OK? You are putting words in my mouth. You stated that Richards wouldn't take a bag because his brother is about to get paid. I pointed out that is bull**** because much wealthier people take bribe money all of the time. You said it yourself politicians and business owners worth more then AR will ever make still take bribes. Do I condone it? No. Do I like it? No. Do I think someone worth a few million dollars is going to turn down 100k of free money? No. I would love to see Bama and UGA get ruined by sanctions. However, I know that having money does not make you immune to bribes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back