4-star 2018 OL Scott "mind blown" by Miami visit

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2018 4-star offensive lineman Blaine Scott (6-5, 300) out of Portsmouth, Ohio said he was "mind blown" by his visit to Coral Gables for Paradise camp last weekend.

"It was an unreal event that really exceeded my expectations," Scott said.

"The Paradise Camp was unlike anything I've ever experienced in a camp or visit. It was an unofficial visit with some physical and mental work and it was just nuts -- everything from Coach Richt's amazing backflip off the high dive to meeting greats like Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin."

Scott impressed those in attendance on Saturday night. Miami offensive line coach Stacy Searels seemed to belaying close attention to him.

"Getting to work with Coach Searels, who I've had ties with in the past and being able to compete against some of the highest-ranked kids in the nation who are four-star and five-star type kids was amazing," Scott said.

And what "ties" had Scott had with Searels? His high school head coach, who brought him to Miami camp, played for Searels at Appalachian State in the 1990s.

"Still to this day, my coach talks to Coach Searels at least once or twice a week, which shows you how much Coach Searels cares about his players and how he wants them to be successful. I know the type of man he is and I know a lot of good things about him," said Scott.

Scott explained why listening to the guest coaches added extra meaning to the camp.

"Anybody can come in and have a big motivational speech with you on how to be successful and how to be great at life, but the guys who were there the other day have been at the top of their craft and they know what it takes to be the greatest," he said.

"It really opened my eyes because I went in there with an open mind and I saw what the campus had to offer and I had never been to Florida before. I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I was mind blown. I was wild about what Coach Richt has going for him and it's definitely a different breed of people down there that I had never seen."

Some have speculated that Scott is an Ohio State lean, but he spoke on why he doesn't consider that the case.

"The visit really quieted some of my concerns (with Miami). To be honest with you, I didn't play football growing up besides a year and a half in peewee so I was never the Ohio State kid, the Michigan kid, or the Michigan State kid where I really loved a certain program. I know a lot of people probably think that since I'm in Ohio, that Ohio State would be my go-to, but in really open to anything," Scott explained.

"Like I said, the Miami visit really erased any doubt I might have had about them. I know the prop there are genuine, I want to be successful there, and they treat you right."

As far as the talent at Paradise Camp, Scott thought it included the cream of the crop.

"It was definitely a different type of athlete down there. The speed was unreal. It was great to see most if not everybody that came down actually competed. The competition was probably the best camp I've ever been to," he said.

Advertisement
More plaudits for Paradise. Talk about an unmitigated success. Holy ****, Richt hammered this one into the 3rd deck.

From a total amateur outfit under Folden to guys calling this the best camp they've ever seen ANYWHERE.

Extreme Makeover--Football Edition.

This is a good look into a Searels, which we haven't heard much about. I really like him so far, clear improvement over an old Kehoe, I think he'll attract a lot of those rugged mid-western boys like Dykstra and Scott.

Whether we bare incredible fruit in the form of commits from elite kids from this being the first year of the camp or not I dont know...But I think its safe to say we have set the bar when it comes to camps. It will be the new "Must Attend" camp moving forward in the country. It will only attract more elite kids as the years go on. And then we will start seeing the commits rolling in.

Advertisement
Saw him in the highlights of 1v1s of the OL-DL drills from Paradise Camp and he was beat a bunch. Having said that, it's a drill that favors DL and he is a 2018 kid.

proxy.php

Advertisement
Saw him in the highlights of 1v1s of the OL-DL drills from Paradise Camp and he was beat a bunch. Having said that, it's a drill that favors DL and he is a 2018 kid.

In Petes podcast he was saying alot of the OOS kids were not use to the speed at the camp. Even Leatherwood (top 10 overall recruit in nation) got beat a few times. (Mikal Jones from Champ Cath beat him) But you can tell those OLineman appreciated the competition and you can bet a kid like that will be back next year to compete again only this time he will know whats coming.. (Meaning Scott)

Advertisement
More plaudits for Paradise. Talk about an unmitigated success. Holy ****, Richt hammered this one into the 3rd deck.

From a total amateur outfit under Folden to guys calling this the best camp they've ever seen ANYWHERE.

Extreme Makeover--Football Edition.

Can you imagine that if Richt does this well, and this improves our talent, and he is a better HC with better assistants . . . watch the **** out college football there is a CATEGORY 5 brewing!

Advertisement

In Petes podcast he was saying alot of the OOS kids were not use to the speed at the camp. Even Leatherwood (top 10 overall recruit in nation) got beat a few times. (Mikal Jones from Champ Cath beat him) But you can tell those OLineman appreciated the competition and you can bet a kid like that will be back next year to compete again only this time he will know whats coming.. (Meaning Scott)

Mikal, why not Michael mom, Jones! He must be kept at home! Kid is a tru Cane Dogg.

Advertisement
Back