4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Funny people keep bringing up Michigan running first when they don't actually look at the numbers or the personnel.

Gattis first year at U of M, Shea Pattersons second year at MICH, passing yardage went up 35 yards per game and rushing went down 50 (250/150)

Second year, Patterson leaves, they lose their top rusher and they have to juggle QBs plus COVID. Same ratio, 250/150 - Gattis bags a 5 star QB in recruiting

Third year, they realize McNamara isn't a thrower, but lose Milton to the portal, have to lean on the rush and still make the playoffs. Haskins steps up as a rusher and shows hes the way, ratio leans to best weapon (228/214)

Again, the philosophy matches what Mario wants, not pass or run heavy, do whatever it takes to win heavy.

Advertisement
we do the same thing....all fan bases do.

Untrue. We don't just make crap up. I have seen people post REPORTS of big numbers, but I haven't seem a UM fan just make up nonsense like that.

Show me where someone FALSELY invented a story about how much a UM player was paid. Particularly of the "Miami paid Citizen $150K" or "Miami paid Darrell Jackson $350K" variety.

Show me those "rival payments" stories invented by UM posters, the ones that you can ONLY find on CIS and nowhere else.

I'll wait.......

I agreed with you completely about the potential of big-city schools having some true advantages here.

But I will also admit that I'm a bit surprised that a few more of the southern-plantation schools haven't spent quite as freely as they would have us believe they are capable of doing...
Its because THEY ARE THE GUYS USE TO PAYING UNDER THE TABLE. (SEE CLEMSON)

They dont want irs or whomever snooping around them....

worse is that they are trying to amend the "collective" nil types...and basically thats what the hick/college town places were basically trying to use to skate...because like i stated back then...its only so much used car lots an pizza parlors in there areas that they can use for an NIL.

We in a short time have had kids get NIL for Professional teams, Professional boat racing, Grocery stores, all kinda sh*t. LA has had Beats by Dre etc....
I mean its only so much MILO ice tea endorsements you can hand out.

Its because THEY ARE THE GUYS USE TO PAYING UNDER THE TABLE. (SEE CLEMSON)

They dont want irs or whomever snooping around them....

worse is that they are trying to amend the "collective" nil types...and basically thats what the hick/college town places were basically trying to use to skate...because like i stated back then...its only so much used car lots an pizza parlors in there areas that they can use for an NIL.

We in a short time have had kids get NIL for Professional teams, Professional boat racing, Grocery stores, all kinda sh*t. LA has had Beats by Dre etc....
I mean its only so much MILO ice tea endorsements you can hand out.

DON'T FORGET GUMMIES!!!

Advertisement
I agreed with you completely about the potential of big-city schools having some true advantages here.

But I will also admit that I'm a bit surprised that a few more of the southern-plantation schools haven't spent quite as freely as they would have us believe they are capable of doing...

What makes you say they haven't?

The top schools all loaded up on talent and remained at the top this last recruiting class.

While they don't seem to be as active in the portal, they've literally plucked a few here and there because they don't have massive needs. They already have loaded rosters.

USC and us have been active as ****, that's for sure. Neither team had a ton of talent, so both new coaches have been on it. USC has always had money, we're nouveau riche.

I'd also hazard a guess that if you're one of those top four to six schools, you don't have to spend as much. You've just gotta outbid those other elites. We've gotta spend more than them if we're on the same recruit because we're unproven, only able to sell the dream as we aren't there.

In any case, we don't follow any of them, so who here besides LCE would possibly know what they're doing, if the noise makes it public.

Advertisement
What makes you say they haven't?

The top schools all loaded up on talent and remained at the top this last recruiting class.

While they don't seem to be as active in the portal, they've literally plucked a few here and there because they don't have massive needs. They already have loaded rosters.

USC and us have been active as ****, that's for sure. Neither team had a ton of talent, so both new coaches have been on it. USC has always had money, we're nouveau riche.

I'd also hazard a guess that if you're one of those top four to six schools, you don't have to spend as much. You've just gotta outbid those other elites. We've gotta spend more than them if we're on the same recruit because we're unproven, only able to sell the dream as we aren't there.

In any case, we don't follow any of them, so who here besides LCE would possibly know what they're doing, if the noise makes it public.

What makes me say they haven't? Are you kidding?

I'm not talking about Alabama and Georgia. They were at the top of the heap before NIL, and they still are.

Texas and aTm have always blown Texas money, going back to the Southwest Conference days.

At the current moment, the only southern plantation school that was ****e before and is now spending their way out of purgatory is Tennessee.

Florida/Florida State have pled poverty. Dabo seems NOT to want to spend IPTAY money. Arkansas dipped out of the Rashada sweepstakes just as people thought that Wal-Mart/Tysons money was going to save the day. Auburn is handicapped for at least a year by Harsin. And correct me if I'm wrong, but have LSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Mizzou, Ole Miss, or Mississippi State spent any big NIL money yet?

Come on, let's not generalize. I didn't say "all top schools". I limited my comments to southern plantation schools. Which is pretty much SEC and SOME of the ACC. Not sure why you are bringing USC into the discussion.

Advertisement
What makes me say they haven't? Are you kidding?

I'm not talking about Alabama and Georgia. They were at the top of the heap before NIL, and they still are.

Texas and aTm have always blown Texas money, going back to the Southwest Conference days.

At the current moment, the only southern plantation school that was ****e before and is now spending their way out of purgatory is Tennessee.

Florida/Florida State have pled poverty. Dabo seems NOT to want to spend IPTAY money. Arkansas dipped out of the Rashada sweepstakes just as people thought that Wal-Mart/Tysons money was going to save the day. Auburn is handicapped for at least a year by Harsin. And correct me if I'm wrong, but have LSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Mizzou, Ole Miss, or Mississippi State spent any big NIL money yet?

Come on, let's not generalize. I didn't say "all top schools". I limited my comments to southern plantation schools. Which is pretty much SEC and SOME of the ACC. Not sure why you are bringing USC into the discussion.

How well do you follow those other schools? Would you consider yourself an expert? How many recruits on any of those teams could you name that have given a verbal or even inked with whomever?

They aren't going to spend a ton because the usual suspects are going to gobble up the top talent. They're going to get the scraps. When they do, they don't have the spender telling all who will listen the deal they just inked.

Nothing has changed from my view until we see things change. I look at the whole picture, you, very one sided. If you aren't spending TAMU money, the top teams still have enough ammo in their chamber to keep the status quo.

How well do you follow those other schools? Would you consider yourself an expert? How many recruits on any of those teams could you name that have given a verbal or even inked with whomever?

They aren't going to spend a ton because the usual suspects are going to gobble up the top talent. They're going to get the scraps.

Nothing has changed from my view until we see things change. I look at the whole picture, you, very one sided. If you aren't spending TAMU money, the top teams still have enough ammo in their chamber to keep the status quo.

What a bullsh!te response. I don't follow those other schools? I can't name any recruits? Who ******* cares if I "consider myself an expert"?

"They aren't going to spend a ton because the usual suspects are going to gobble up the top talent". I don't know if I've read anything more ridiculous in quite some time. As has been stated about a million times, the working hypothesis was that NIL would be something to equalize/offset the highly-developed level of cheating that has been going on at a few SEC schools for decades. It would give other schools a chance to make headway and to entice recruits with something besides "we finished 5th in the SEC West last year".

Oh, wait, I need to correct myself. I have now seen the absolute DUMBEST sentence typed on this board in a while:

"Nothing has changed from my view until we see things change."

I just had to give that moronic sentence some room to breathe. It is breathtakingly inane. And insane. Did you snort some bath salts before you typed that gem? Did you punch yourself in the arm like Brian Johnson does in The Breakfast Club after you re-read that line?

Oh, but you are a self-appointed "big picture" guy. Yeah. More horsesh!te. And, actually, you couldn't be more wrong, either about yourself or the issues.

The point is very simple. The SEC is a sickly competitive conference. Your nonsense about "top teams" ignores that other SEC programs have routinely made efforts to spend money to compete. One doesn't have to look any farther than Ole Miss just a few years ago.

So, again, you have proven my point. I said that it was surprising that so many southern plantation schools have NOT spent the money that they WANT the world to think they have and which they WANT us to believe that they would spend. You can look at every recruiting story over the past year, as I have. You don't see certain SEC schools (more than half of them) being mentioned prominently, particularly by recruits that are acknowledged to be getting substantial NIL offers.

And that's the point. The Gaytors can trumpet their "collective" all they want. They can brag about their wealthy alums. But in the end, all that's on their website is complaints about Ruiz. Whining about how Miami outbid them for Citizen and Jackson. Calls for the NCAA and Congress to help poor poor Florida out.

As I said, the surprise is that certain schools are NOT spending. And you have essentially proven my point. Thanks for that, as well as all your sneering and bragging.

Advertisement
Back