4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

From what I saw at that Spring game..Ladson didnt look like a kid who should be going into the Fall with any hype. And people who go to the closed practices said he was servicable but nothing spectacular.

If Ladson was ballin like that, I would think there would be no reason to hit the portal for another WR.

Not true - Texas has 2 wr balling and yet they're still trying to get Addison. This is how you stack chips. Bama just added 2 legit wrs in the portal.

Whether ladson is good or not, always stack chips.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's like people are scared to hurt the players' feelings. Welcome to big boy ball - if there's someone better, you take him. And if there's someone better than the person you took, you take him too.
But they are the first ones to melt down on game day when said player isn’t what they built them up to be. It’s like half the year it’s about feelings and then it’s not.

I dont care about hurt feelings. I just think there would have been bigger priorities ahead of getting a WR if Ladson had stepped up. I think we would have needed a legit OT and another LB alot more than a WR but thats just me. But since Ladson looks to be a few steps away from being very average...getting a WR is #1 now. Im just talking pecking order. Not need.

Some of you guys are way too smart to be falling for what’s going on in this thread lol.
Episode 4 Art GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
I dont care about hurt feelings. I just think there would have been bigger priorities ahead of getting a WR if Ladson had stepped up. I think we would have needed a legit OT and another LB alot more than a WR but thats just me. But since Ladson looks to be a few steps away from being very average...getting a WR is #1 now. Im just talking pecking order. Not need.
I said this a while ago and some blasted me but WR is a premier position in today's football. Its all about scoring points, and Mario and co seem to agree. You need difference makers and we dont have those at WR. The other thing to consider, is that yes we need an OT and another LB but sometimes they just aren't available, but a WR is.

Last edited:
We have the last visit this weekend so that’s always good. Mix that with Tvd and the need for a game breaker , and his relationship with Rambo should give us a pretty good shot.
I mean there's a reason he added us as a visit. If he knew what school he wanted to go to, he wouldn't have done that. I'm cautiously optimistic on him coming here.

I said this a while ago and some blasted me but WR is a premier position in today's football. Its all about scoring points, and Mario and co seem to agree. You need difference makers and we dont have those at LB. The other thing to consider, is that yes we need an OT and another LB but sometimes they just aren't available, but a WR is.
Agreed. Cant order something thats not on the menu.

Advertisement
I salute Mario for looking to add Robinson and Emmauel to the group of summer enrollees. Need to be ready for war against Clemson/A&M and prepped for no slip ups against the others. Experience helps in close games. About 1/3 of Mario’s Oregon wins were one score games. There will be some unexpected close ones this season too.

Advertisement
From what I saw at that Spring game..Ladson didnt look like a kid who should be going into the Fall with any hype. And people who go to the closed practices said he was servicable but nothing spectacular.

If Ladson was ballin like that, I would think there would be no reason to hit the portal for another WR.
What you talking about?? Ladson was open almost all game😒😒 qbs didn’t really look at his direction

I think you guys overrate the F out of our roster.

Our WR group has had a WR2 from SUNY-Buffalo show up on campus and was the absolute best WR on the roster. Our WR group has had a WR3 from Oklahoma show up on campus and was the best WR on the roster.

Last year (check the logs) I said Miami should get Samori Toure from Montana...even after we got Rambo, I thought we should have gotten him, too. Our WR group is weak and unproven and it has been for years and we could use more talent there all of the time. Before you say "Rambo > Toure" ... their marketshare was pretty similar and Toure was actually drafted. Wild, I know.

I'm not saying all wide receivers should produce right away, but the elite ones do. The really really good ones are contributing by Year 2. If by Year 3 we are still asking questions, they are wildcards and lotto tickets. You should know what you have pretty early and if you don't have contributors...you go get some that can play. This guy can play.

Right now, I think X and Keyshawn are fine, but they aren't projectable All-Conference players yet. I think from last year's group Jacolby George jumps off the page and a guy you hope makes a big leap. But again...all are questions.

Miamis WR talent as a group has been weak overall for over a decade but that doesn’t apply to this group. Romello, Brashard, George, X, and Keyshawn all have enough talent to be impact players when their number is called.

Advertisement
Back