4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Ya'll continue with this silly discussion if he should be a take lol.

Why not? Transfer limit was lifted. 85 limit is all that matters, and there are way worse players than Jaylon on the roster. If he makes the roster even a little better, you take him.

The 32 signee limit being lifted changes all of this.
Right got to stack talent by any means necessary

Advertisement
Let's see, how many 1000 yard / season WR's does UM have on the roster? Oh, that's right ... NONE. Being fast isn't enough, having the 'potential' to be a productive WR isn't enough going into a season. There is a reason that UM's primary recruiting goal at this moment in time is to land at least 1 if not 2 speedy WR's with A HISTORY of productivity.

Brashard Smith has 4.46 speed, and the potential to be very productive. Brinson has nice height at 6'2" and is quick (don't have any 40 yard times for him). Jacolby George at 5' 11" has nice 40 yard times 4.38/ 4.47 / 4.56 (best / average / worst) and should be poised to have an impactful season. Jaylon Robinson has a 1,000 yard season under his belt, and his 40 times are 4.36 / 4.46 / 4.54. He has done it and is HUNGRY to repeat that season's success. And now there is basically no roster limitation on transfers ... a definite take even if UM lands another, taller WR with similar speed. It is a LONG season. Quality depth = critical for success.

I think we'll see Ladson take Keyshawn Smith starting spot along with Robinson (if he signs) with X in the slot. Of course, there will be 5 other guys rotating in at minimum, but I think Frank steps it up and starts.

Advertisement
Robinson has seven 100 yard games in last 16 games. Career YPC is over 17.

Productivity and proven ability to stretch field. We need that.

While Xavier Worthy would’ve blow our minds JR is a big get.

Hope we can land him. 🤞🏻
Anyone want to guess how many 100 yd games Harley had in 5 seasons? Because it **** sure ain't seven.

Sorry I'll stop now.

Last edited:
I think we'll see Ladson take Keyshawn Smith starting spot along with Robinson (if he signs) with X in the slot. Of course, there will be 5 other guys rotating in at minimum, but I think Frank steps it up and starts.
I think boys on here sleeping on Ladson too he was coming on at end of spring

Advertisement
@Cribby

I don't want to look through this thread.

Yes or No on Jaylon Robinson?
Screenshot_20220511-113224_Chrome.jpg

I think boys on here sleeping on Ladson too he was coming on at end of spring
From what I saw at that Spring game..Ladson didnt look like a kid who should be going into the Fall with any hype. And people who go to the closed practices said he was servicable but nothing spectacular.

If Ladson was ballin like that, I would think there would be no reason to hit the portal for another WR.

I think you guys overrate the F out of our roster.

Our WR group has had a WR2 from SUNY-Buffalo show up on campus and was the absolute best WR on the roster. Our WR group has had a WR3 from Oklahoma show up on campus and was the best WR on the roster.

Last year (check the logs) I said Miami should get Samori Toure from Montana...even after we got Rambo, I thought we should have gotten him, too. Our WR group is weak and unproven and it has been for years and we could use more talent there all of the time. Before you say "Rambo > Toure" ... their marketshare was pretty similar and Toure was actually drafted. Wild, I know.

I'm not saying all wide receivers should produce right away, but the elite ones do. The really really good ones are contributing by Year 2. If by Year 3 we are still asking questions, they are wildcards and lotto tickets. You should know what you have pretty early and if you don't have contributors...you go get some that can play. This guy can play.

Right now, I think X and Keyshawn are fine, but they aren't projectable All-Conference players yet. I think from last year's group Jacolby George jumps off the page and a guy you hope makes a big leap. But again...all are questions.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Our WR group has had a WR2 from SUNY-Buffalo show up on campus and was the absolute best WR on the roster. Our WR group has had a WR3 from Oklahoma show up on campus and was the best WR on the roster.

Last year (check the logs) I said Miami should get Samori Toure from Montana...even after we got Rambo, I thought we should have gotten him, too. Our WR group is weak and unproven and it has been for years and we could use more talent there all of the time. Before you say "Rambo > Toure" ... their marketshare was pretty similar and Toure was actually drafted. Wild, I know.

I'm not saying all wide receivers should produce right away, but the elite ones do. The really really good ones are contributing by Year 2. If by Year 3 we are still asking questions, they are wildcards and lotto tickets. You should know what you have pretty early and if you don't have contributors...you go get some that can play. This guy can play.

Right now, I think X and Keyshawn are fine, but they aren't projectable All-Conference players yet. I think from last year's group Jacolby George jumps off the page and a guy you hope makes a big leap. But again...all are questions.
too much logical thinking in this post.

Im disgusted by it but you are right. We have been heavily overrating our WRs since that 08 class that had many of us touting we had the best WR in the country.

Advertisement
Back