4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No UM WR worth their salt stays here for 4 years
1652147405869.png

Advertisement
Read this. Really thorough kid. He has legit reasons for each school.

That said I think his best options are Us and Ole Miss.

While TCU and Tennessee will throw, who’s throwing is the big negatives.

Tennessee has the loot and TV with SEC but that’s that.

Miami and Ole Miss are the only schools with excellent NIL, excellent QBs, excellent head coaches.

If I had to say our advantage, it would be Gattis since he mentioned his time at Bama.

Oh and NIL.

Who is this excellent QB that Ole Miss has, exactly? Jaxton Dart, and his career 9 TDs and 5 INTs? He got outplayed this spring by the guy they recruited over when they brought him in. And that would be:

Luke Altmyer, with his career stats of 20/37 with 2 INT's and 1 TD.

I think they might even have a QB PROBLEM this year. If I am Miami, I am using who they have at QB against them, ESPECIALLY vs. TVD and his 25 TDs and 6 INTs, Heisman and draft hype, and what Rambo has been saying about him.

Ole Miss sophomore Luke Altmyer exited spring practice on Saturday either in the lead for the No. 1 quarterback job or closer to it after outplaying USC sophomore transfer Jaxson Dart in the Grove Bowl spring game at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

Neither completed passes at a high percentage, though.

Altmyer completed 9 of 22 for 182 yards and rushed five times for 77 yards with touchdown runs of 29 and six yards for the Red in a 48-36 victory over the Navy. Dart completed 11 of 30 for 166 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions while rushing 16 times for 66 yards for the Navy.

Really hope we get this kid. It doesn't matter that he's not the next Santana Moss. He just needs to play his role -- speed (and hands) -- and that alone will be a game changer. Safeties will have to give more cushion, flip hips too soon, keep their eyes on him too long ... just a million ways to exploit a weapon who can blow the top off the cover. We need the speed!

He probably scored more TDs in this3 min highlight than our current WR room has in their career combined. 100% take and pay whatever. At 5’9 180 I expected him to be more of slot guy but made a lot of plays and contested catches on the outside.
Reminds me a lot of wandale Robinson from Kentucky last year

Advertisement
I was at the UCF vs Boise game last year before he and Dillon both got injured.

He was clearly the best athlete/biggest home run hitter on the field that night.

Advertisement
Great hand and eye coordination speed is closer to Mike Harley than Jeff Thomas… not as fast in and out of his routes. Doesn’t have the breakaway speed we were looking for but he has experience. Guys like Brashard and X have way more physical talent though.
He's prolly quicker than any WR on our roster tho...ran laser 4.54 40 with a 3.88 shuttle outta HS

It’s Groundhog Day on here for a lot of posters. same rhetoric being thrown around in 2019 off-season about our receiver group. We all know how that turned out….

We have a potential day one QB… bring in as many weapons as we can. This kid makes our room a lot better the second he steps on campus

Advertisement
Back