4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Oh my lord, you should see the Gaytor boards.

First, some dipsh!te from one of those new SI-affiliated "Fan Nation" websites mocked Richardson to the Steelers with the 9th overall pick (as if)...

Then, all the Gaytors jizzed in their collective pants when Mel ******* Kiper used the words "Young", "Stroud", and "Richardson" in the same sentence during the NFL draft coverage.

[talking about transfer WR Ricky Pearsall]:

swampbeast07
May 2nd, 11:07 AM

Not sure I would go to UF if I were him or any WR... Very real possibility AR leaves after this season which would mean Miller might be the QB... and that would not be good for any WR hoping to get drafted... good players don't want to play with scrubs

GatorBoy4270
May 2nd, 11:10 AM

True. Hate it but true

GatorBoy4270
May 2nd, 11:48 AM

ChompChomp20 said... (original post) AR hasn't even started a whole season and we're talking about him leaving early to the draft? I hope you guys are right because that ...

Because he’s really freaking good. Not hard to understand

DRJohnson22
May 2nd, 11:48 AM

Kiper was already putting him in the category of Young and Stroud on the draft coverage this weekend. Physically, he's better than either of those two. Just has to show a full year of being the starter that matches the physical tools to game settings. Good chance he goes pro as a 3rd year player. QBs will be in high demand this coming draft class as a market correction for how few were taken in the early rounds this year.

GATORBOY FIGHT! Where's @PIPO when we really need him? Gatorboy843 thinks Richardson needs 2 years, Gatorboy4270 thinks he will be 1-more-and-done.

GatorBoy4270

May 2nd, 11:59 AM

Gatorboy843 said... (original post) I completely agree with all of this

Then you disagree with professional evaluators. Interesting position to take

DRJohnson22
May 2nd, 12:16 PM

SI has him mocked to go 9th overall in the 2023 draft. He is an elite talent. If he has a good year this year, he's going to the NFL Draft and will be drafted very high.

If you don't believe us, believe the guys that are paid to evaluate for the draft like Kiper that were talking about him multiple times over the weekend's draft coverage.

SmurphyGator
May 2nd, 12:40 PM

I think it’s very possible AR has a good enough year to get drafted in the first round and we still win 8 games.

Remember, Daniel Jones was drafted while throwing for 2600 yards (less than 7 per attempt) and a 60% completion percentage.

GatorBoy4270
May 2nd, 1:15 PM

He’s draft eligible with insane talent and good quarterbacking on tape. If he throws for 3k runs for 500 and is something like 25/10 TD/Int that is definitely enough statistically for teams to be very very interested

DRJohnson22
May 2nd, 3:19 PM

I'm guessing he has a year somewhere around 65-68 percent passing, ~3,500 yards (if he plays 13 games) passing, 30-8 TD-INT, 600 rush yards, and 10 rushing TDs.

So basically ~4,000 total yards and 40 total TDs if he's healthy. Chalk up another 15-20 rushing TDs from the RBs, and 12-15 made FGs and that puts you in the 33-36 points per game range offensively. Think that's an attainable number given Richardson's ability and a veteran OL group.

GatorGrowelie
6 hrs

With all due respect, it's not Sports Illustrated that has AR mocked to go 9th overall next year, it's some guy by the name of Rick Serritella who started an NFL draft website that is affiliated with SI's new "Fan Nation". That's SI's answer to Rivals/247/On3.

And he has AR going 9th to the Steelers, who just picked Kenny Pickett. So, sorry, I'm not putting a lot of faith into a mock from this guy.

I love AR, but he only threw the ball 64 times last year. If he has a great year, fine, but it's just too early to project him as an early NFL entrant, let alone a first rounder.

RIC SERRITELLA - A known media maven, who created the NFL Draft Bible, which used by all 32 NFL teams. Also responsible for developing and installing the fiber-optic network for MLB Network. Served as executive producer for the T.Ocho Show on NBC Sports. Helped launch the YES Network, working on the first show (Mike & The Mad Dogg) and created the Wall Street Journal YouTube Channel. Owns Bachelor’s degree in Sports Entertainment & Event Management from Johnson & Wales University.

TheLessFamousEthan
6 hrs

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both mentioned him as a possible top 10 pick with insane upside. Kiper even said "Young, Stroud, and Richardson" as early QBs in next year's draft. BleacherReport has him as a top 10 pick as well.

I think he has a lot to prove but he's already grabbed the attention of a lot of analysts and can certainly be a top pick next year.

GatorBoy4270
6 hrs

It’s not too early because he has the unbelievable raw athleticism and he has put a lot of good quarterbacking on tape in those dropbacks he has had. You don’t just lose good mechanics. You don’t just lose good use of eyes and timing. Sure to actually be a top pick he would need a more lengthy and productive season but the mock drafts are projections and he projects as that type of guy

DRJohnson22
4 hrs

The third guy with athleticism and tools not seen in a QB maybe ever, but assuredly not since Cam Newton (and he already has better mechanics now than Cam Newton did at the peak of his MVP season).

Former NFL GM said after the LSU game that Richardson looked like the future 1st overall pick for the 2023 NFL Draft.
1651636198651.gif

This is a Gayturds Showdown:

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well....... Technically someone can be a professional in one sport and still be eligible to compete as an amateur in another. So a booster could, in theory, pay Erriyon Knighton massive NIL money to play CFB. Just in terms of ROI, a NIL sponsor would probably get a lot more bang for his buck giving a $5 mil NIL to Knighton (who is already one of the fastest men in the world and could break Usain Bolts record) than 2 mil to a well regarded WR transfer. Probably just a matter of time before some crazy NIL like that happens (i.e. a NBA bench player making the league minimum gets a NIL deal to play TE in college).

They would have to be young or skip college and go to Rurope because of the 5 year clock.

Gotta feel we will be hyper-focused on grad transfer WR targets the rest of the way. Likely have some kids identified. We will get our guy one way or another.
They won’t be taking a body to just take one , it has to be somebody that upgrades the room, at least brings really good speed. They passed on multiple guys who were as good as current guys or unproven.

They won’t be taking a body to just take one , it has to be somebody that upgrades the room, at least brings really good speed. They passed on multiple guys who were as good as current guys or unproven.
Are there potentially more names entering that got on 5/1 and we just haven't heard about it yet?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No doubt. That’s the way it should be. Let’s shake the room.

Sign this guy up now

He came on towards the end of the season last year , he started looking like the player Uga recruited. Big cat that can run , theres clips of him leaving secondaries at 6’5 200. He’s a year older but his stats last year matchup really well with the last wr transfer we took. Who had some of the same issues as Landers. I’d at least sniff around and see how much his hands improved last year.

Btw here’s the comparison.

Attachments

• 15A98BA0-A77F-46E4-B74F-348A9039D55B.jpeg
    15A98BA0-A77F-46E4-B74F-348A9039D55B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • 4022196C-63F5-4A7E-B642-6F10A6B618F7.jpeg
    4022196C-63F5-4A7E-B642-6F10A6B618F7.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Advertisement
Back