4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Wish we would have gotten one but I am actually encouraged, not disappointed. They went straight Alabama and looked for the kill shot, ef if someone is in the portal or not. And it sounds like we got really close to landing some elite targets.

That tells me we are playing big boy ball and Mario is not messing around. They brought guys in at the must have positions and swung for the fences on the rest. Sometimes its a grand slam, sometimes you strike out but I love the MO and aggression.

The 🤡 show is not the staff it is all the fake insiders that use threads like this for click bait like they have some inside information. You guys are the 🤡 show.

Mario is a legend!!!
CC5DC3EA-9815-40AA-954A-B2AF423A774E.gif

Advertisement
I used to get ****ed about **** like this because I had no faith in Manny or the other ******** before him. I also had even less faith in the dip**** AD and school "support". I honestly am 100% stress-free about Miami now as i know Mario and the staff will figure something out.

I'm sure I'll start freaking out the second Miami loses a game but until the games start I'm good.

I’m not getting in the middle of this WR debate, but the board is absolutely not capable of calling balls and strikes… little league umpires at best… most could get tball wrong

I mean @SWFLHurricane may be able to pull the old chest pad out of his shed and call the outside corner, but only after a few low calorie Coronas…
I beg your Pardon, I'll have you know, I don't F with No Low Calorie Beer Pal....

Advertisement
For the lawyers,
Does this mean that some of these collectives aren’t real nil’s while ours really is?
So maybe some kids might not see one penny? 👀
Not a lawyer.. But I i know a guy. The answer is yes... these pay for play collectives might put their NIL deal in danger of termination OR prevent the collectives from offering similar deals to future prospects.

This does not apply to Miami.

It is what it is. It’s time for our WR’s to drop their nuts and step up. Between Ladson, Brinson, Breshard Smith, Jacolby George, Restrepo, Keyshawn Smith, Arroyo, Mallory and Skinner we have the talent to get the job done. But the nightmare is a repeat of 2020. The saving grace for this team is our Rb’s and TE’s. We should be able to run the ball and our TE’s will be heavily involved.

Advertisement
It is what it is. It’s time for our WR’s to drop their nuts and step up. Between Ladson, Brinson, Breshard Smith, Jacolby George, Restrepo, Keyshawn Smith, Arroyo, Mallory and Skinner we have the talent to get the job done. But the nightmare is a repeat of 2020. The saving grace for this team is our Rb’s and TE’s. We should be able to run the ball and our TE’s will be heavily involved.
Yes but dont give up yet. Miami will make a run at Addison.

Ya, I said what I said and I won’t hide from it. Cribby, Leeds, and others added some context that I appreciated.

Unlike some people on this board, my sole mission isn’t to be right all the time. I try to be as objective as possible, but that doesn’t mean I don’t make mistakes.

If you want to play internet tough guy and rely on ad hominem attacks, then all the power to you. But just know one thing: that type of approach never leads to persuasion.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Nor should you.

It was a swing and a miss. Sorry if that hurts some feelings, but we don't have a true #1 receiver and that's what we were looking for. We didn't get one, maybe we will down the road with a grad transfer, but to this point it was a miss.

Other schools got theirs and we didn't. It doesn't derail the work Mario and company (Ruiz included) have put in at other positions.

Life will go on and the staff will whiff on other recruits and players. It is what it is, no staff is perfect, and I'm sure it wasn't from a lack of effort. These coaches are certainly workaholics and putting in the hours to make this a better team.

This staff isn't infallible. Everything isn't rainbows and puppies. It's the best it's been in two decades, but you don't turn a lump of coal into a diamond overnight. Huge strides, tried to make another, but came up short. That much is apparent from the effort that was put into seeking out other options at this position.

Have a good one.

Advertisement
There are other factors that these transfer WRs were considering (other than money). Their current OC’s are making BIG promises when it comes to targets per game next season. these promises are made after the kid tells the coaches he’s leaving. Also, it’s tough to quickly gel with TVD over a summer, especially when TVD’s roommate is a wr who will get most of the targets this year. Other school’s coaches are telling them this and it makes sense.

We obviously missed on a few potential wr transfers, but it certainly wasn't due to lack of effort.

Well. All caught up on this soap opera after a long day at work. Was expecting some fireworks, some booty gifs and a little circle jerk.

Going through this thread felt like when I was a kid and bought a pack of baseball cards, opened it and would fly through them in 10 seconds only to find I didn’t get 1 All Star or one Yankee.

Looks like I missed a showdown, a call for Clarke to be moved to wr, some duchebag troll who has been around for 10 years finally losing it, @Bender hitting pause on someone which was hilarious, and a little panic over our wr situation.

Of course we would be in better shape if we hit on someone but we will be fine. We have some talent already here. It’s not like we have a bunch of scrubs. They need to step up. We can still grab a grad transfer. I trust Gattis to design plays to our strengths, our running game will be so much better which should create opportunities for our wr’s. Not worried.

There are other factors that these transfer WRs were considering (other than money). Their current OC’s are making BIG promises when it comes to targets per game next season. these promises are made after the kid tells the coaches he’s leaving. Also, it’s tough to quickly gel with TVD over a summer, especially when TVD’s roommate is a wr who will get most of the targets this year. Other school’s coaches are telling them this and it makes sense.

We obviously missed on a few potential wr transfers, but it certainly wasn't due to lack of effort.
I touched on this earlier. It wasn’t completely about money with a couple of the kids. Some of these kids see the big picture. You know you’ll get the targets , stats , the scheme and familiarity of the program / teammates. Up your bag , maybe get your teammates some extra nil money and just stay put. It’s one year , go do what you’ve been doing and get drafted. That’s the goal.

Is bet all of the kids we talked to will be playing on Sunday’s.

Advertisement
Back