4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Try this one, it's always accurate:

It’s funny because I literally said yesterday I wouldn’t say this is a done deal because of how up and down it’s been.

Even with Jackson I waited until mom signed off to start dropping hints. Even that went back in forth since the Saturday he arrived to Tuesday. Play with these portal cats if ya want to.

Last edited:
We don’t have to go overboard here. Again, I’m not a doom and groomer on here. I call it how I see it, and I think a lot of people would have my back on that.

I’m not necessarily critiquing our inability to convince a kid to go into the transfer portal; I’m more concerned that we didn’t land anyone who actually WAS in the portal.

Don't backpedal on us now...

1651604390847.png

It’s funny because I literally said yesterday I wouldn’t say this is a done deal because of how up and down it’s been.

Even with Jackson I literally waited until mom signed off to start dropping hints. Even that went back in forth since the Saturday he arrived to Tuesday. Play with these portal cats if ya want to.

Yes. That's all I'm saying. These Portal decisions are foggy and complicated by the secrecy, the back-channeling, and the competing priorities. I'd swear some of our porsters just signed in from the Gaytors 247 site, what with all their "NIL + TVD = UM WR" Gaytor Mathz...

Advertisement
Don't backpedal on us now…

View attachment 184757

Ya, I said what I said and I won’t hide from it. Cribby, Leeds, and others added some context that I appreciated.

Unlike some people on this board, my sole mission isn’t to be right all the time. I try to be as objective as possible, but that doesn’t mean I don’t make mistakes.

If you want to play internet tough guy and rely on ad hominem attacks, then all the power to you. But just know one thing: that type of approach never leads to persuasion.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Ya, I said what I said and I won’t hide from it. Cribby, Leeds, and others added some context that I appreciated.

Unlike some people on this board, my sole mission isn’t to be right all the time. I try to be as objective as possible, but that doesn’t mean I don’t make mistakes.

If you want to play internet tough guy and rely on ad hominem attacks, then all the power to you. But just know one thing: that type of approach never leads to persuasion.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

It's not ad hominem attacks. I started off very politely with "Please stop", and you freaked out, so I called you on it.

Nobody is asking anyone to be right all the time. But we also don't have to leap to "our coaching staff failed" when we don't get a second WR verbal at the exact time that we want one.

Step back, take a breath, and figure out that people were reacting to the extreme mood swing of your "our coaching staff failed" overreaction. Maybe you prefer to be rebutted by a woman (Leeds), but regardless, just reel yourself back from the ledge.

We took eleven transfers already. We've already gone a pretty good distance towards improving the roster. I'd love to have another 11 transfers, but it's not going to happen. So let's roll with what we have, let's try to add more by mid-August, and let's not act like Gaytor fans with such absolutist statements as "our coaching staff failed".

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Advertisement
I don't care if he's been a solid poster in the past, he's acting like a little crybaby right now.

"Expressing a frustrating opinion"?

We have taken ELEVEN transfers thus far, including one prior WR, and he is out here whining about us not taking our TWELFTH transfer as if we will lose out on a national championship as a result.

And people TRY to be honest and explain the process, explain why guys may have stayed at their original schools, or been hesitant to enter the Portal. People try to point out that we have another 3 months to make some final decisions on additions and cuts.

But no, some people have to kick and scream over it, and act like we "failed" because kids made other decisions in spite of LifeWallet money and TVD.
JFC - TOC.

You don’t have to break down every post and word in this forum as if you’re deciphering some national treasure or preparing a legal document for your clients.

The “frustration opinion” was in regards to the 4 wide receivers options that pulled out.

Last edited:
JFC - TOC.

You don’t have to break down every post and word in this forum as if your deciphering some national treasure or preparing a legal document for your clients.

The “frustration opinion” was in regards to the 4 wide receivers options that pulled out.

JFC - PIPO.

He didn't say he was frustrated (you said that about him). He said our coaching staff failed. That was the overreaction that I called out.

Feel free to post the Showdown gif, I'll be there.

I still love you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JFC - TOC.

You don’t have to break down every post and word in this forum as if your deciphering some national treasure or preparing a legal document for your clients.

No, let him do it.

I can imagine he looks like this when writing then:

9fbd124edb0ac4a97236a157660eddce.gif

False information
The staff didn’t fail when we could not have extended NIL offers to the kids ******* teammates. Some things are out of your control and this is one of them. I understand being upset but if you don’t have the facts, don’t ******* post incendiary **** like this. I am as upset as anyone but there are limits to what the staff can do, especially when they cannot be directly involved in the recruitment. You want to be mad? Go be mad at the nameless middlemen, have fun with that. The ‘better deal’ was his school gave his teammates NIL deals. They got paid, he stayed put. On to the next.
The 🤡 show is not the staff it is all the fake insiders that use threads like this for click bait like they have some inside information. You guys are the 🤡 show.

Mario is a legend!!!

Advertisement
Back