4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Obviously we would love another receiver, but we just had a kid set the school record for catches and yards and he didn’t even get drafted. It’s not like we’re losing top end NFL talent with nobody to replace them. Harley and Rambo were very productive, no doubt. No knock on them. But they’re going to struggle to even make an NFL roster. I don’t think kids like that are totally irreplaceable. We have a lot of blue-chip receivers on the team. We have one of the best RB rooms in the conference. We have two excellent Tight Ends and Skinner looks to be ready to ball right away. All of this surrounding what could very well be a first-round NFL talent at QB.

The staff wants another WR for a reason. It would help out a ton. But I think there’s plenty of talent here to make enough noise. Gattis just won the Broyles award. Get creative, sir. I don’t think there’s a single team in the Coastal who wouldn’t trade offensive personnel with us, straight up. So there’s no reason to panic.

Obviously we would love another receiver, but we just had a kid set the school record for catches and yards and he didn’t even get drafted. It’s not like we’re losing top end NFL talent with nobody to replace them. Harley and Rambo were very productive, no doubt. No knock on them. But they’re going to struggle to even make an NFL roster. I don’t think kids like that are totally irreplaceable. We have a lot of blue-chip receivers on the team. We have one of the best RB rooms in the conference. We have two excellent Tight Ends and Skinner looks to be ready to ball right away. All of this surrounding what could very well be a first-round NFL talent at QB.

The staff wants another WR for a reason. It would help out a ton. But I think there’s plenty of talent here to make enough noise. Gattis just won the Broyles award. Get creative, sir. I don’t think there’s a single team in the Coastal who wouldn’t trade offensive personnel with us, straight up. So there’s no reason to panic.
AND there is time between now and the commencement of Fall practice to potentially grab a Grad Transfer. Slim chance but a chance.

Advertisement
You just found one of the whiniest reasons to go back to dopey moping. WAAAAAH, WAAAAH, we didn't get a Portal WR as fast as crybaby Genghis Cane wanted. WAAAAH WAAAAAH.

List the names of all the Portal WRs that Miami wanted, Miami offered, Miami recruited, and Miami lost. I'll wait.

The only balls you call are the ones in your mouth.
Jesus, you’re unhinged, bro.

Seek help.

Exactly. It's not like we cast a large net out for any quality WR. The staff seems to be looking for a specific, narrow set of traits to complete our WR room so that limits the pool of potential targets.

Right. And two things can be true at the same time. I have NEVER doubted Cribby, but he also has not stated that "all 4" of the WRs he is referencing were at the same level of seriousness with Miami to constitute a "recruiting miss".

"Putting out feelers" is not the same as being thisclosetosigningaguy. And not every Portal decision is about NIL. Miami has several good WRs that are capable of stepping up, and maybe a guy wants a "clearcut" pathway to a starting job, something we know Mario doesn't guarantee.

But this guy with a tuff-sounding screen name and avatar is out here crying like a little baby, when we've still got 3 more months of Portal recruiting left.

Right. And two things can be true at the same time. I have NEVER doubted Cribby, but he also has not stated that "all 4" of the WRs he is referencing were at the same level of seriousness with Miami to constitute a "recruiting miss".

"Putting out feelers" is not the same as being thisclosetosigningaguy. And not every Portal decision is about NIL. Miami has several good WRs that are capable of stepping up, and maybe a guy wants a "clearcut" pathway to a starting job, something we know Mario doesn't guarantee.

But this guy with a tuff-sounding screen name and avatar is out here crying like a little baby, when we've still got 3 more months of Portal recruiting left.
Imo a couple were really close.

Advertisement
@Genghis Cane is a very solid poster.

He’s definitely not trying to stir up sh*t. Just expressing a frustrating opinion in which it wasn’t expected where Miami would not be able to get a WR with the QB, coaching and NIL component as it stands.

Maybe the Toledo kid is the play. Obviously you make an excellent point on the factors that are involved behind the scenes.

I agree that it’s not the coaching staff’s fault especially in today’s age in which influencers (whatever they look like) can have a say in any point in the process.

It works both ways. Sometimes to our favor (recent transfers that committed) and not (Shemar and receiver targets we didn’t get).

I don't care if he's been a solid poster in the past, he's acting like a little crybaby right now.

"Expressing a frustrating opinion"?

We have taken ELEVEN transfers thus far, including one prior WR, and he is out here whining about us not taking our TWELFTH transfer as if we will lose out on a national championship as a result.

And people TRY to be honest and explain the process, explain why guys may have stayed at their original schools, or been hesitant to enter the Portal. People try to point out that we have another 3 months to make some final decisions on additions and cuts.

But no, some people have to kick and scream over it, and act like we "failed" because kids made other decisions in spite of LifeWallet money and TVD.

Imo a couple were really close.

Yep. And I've heard at least one of those two names.

But it's also wrong for people to act like these are "failures". ****, this is the first real period of the Portal-NIL combo platter, and it's been a roller coaster. We got eleven transfers, and people are out here pouting like we "failed".

Advertisement
To me addison would be a master class from mario however it really seems like usc is the place. If addison had hopped earlier i feel like we would’ve had a better chance and more nil money.

Advertisement
I’ve given it some thought and the only way I think the NCAA can interfere with NIL is indirectly by severely limiting transfer rules. This would only affect portal players though. High school recruiting will be a Kool Moe Dee Wild Wild West auction.

I'm talking about Nappy Red, Theo, Tony and Milton Mike, Mike Sluggo and Mike Chillion, D.O.B., Reggie B, and Sidney, Dano B, Derrick B, Sean B, and don't forget Big Hank, Don Ice and Sire Rock, God bless Peter Wax, Chuck Chuck, and Pork Chop, El Dorado George way back in the day...

Advertisement
Back