4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Please stop.

Many kids did not WANT to leave their schools, they just wanted a robust NIL discussion.

This is not Miami or Mario "whiffing repeatedly".
Exactly. It's not like we cast a large net out for any quality WR. The staff seems to be looking for a specific, narrow set of traits to complete our WR room so that limits the pool of potential targets.

Advertisement
The staff didn’t fail when we could not have extended NIL offers to the kids ******* teammates. Some things are out of your control and this is one of them. I understand being upset but if you don’t have the facts, don’t ******* post incendiary **** like this. I am as upset as anyone but there are limits to what the staff can do, especially when they cannot be directly involved in the recruitment. You want to be mad? Go be mad at the nameless middlemen, have fun with that. The ‘better deal’ was his school gave his teammates NIL deals. They got paid, he stayed put. On to the next.
I get your point but don't get annoyed by fans posting stuff with the facts they do have. We are not privileged to the same info. Fact is, as fans, we didn't know all that extra stuff.

You are 100% with your statement. ALWAYS ON TO THE NEXT!!! Especially in this climate

Plenty of solid WRs transferred to other schools. We were just not one of the destinations.
Three took less. Some kids just wanted to get more and also take care of teammates. As I said other day some kids see the long term goal in sight, they’ve put themselves in position to get drafted at said school, where they have relationships. Get some extra cheese while staying put.

I said this kids negotiations were up and down , that’s why I wouldn’t say it’s done.
It also didn’t help his parents preferred he stay there , so that was definitely a part of the deal.

At one poInt it seemed done. Oh well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Plenty of solid WRs transferred to other schools. We were just not one of the destinations.
Other schools were looking way before Miami dude. We have a new staff evaluating guys , after spring is when you evaluate team and know what you’re looking for. After spring they knew they needed a dude just to feel better about things. It’s actually impressive what they did so late in the game , and who they were in play for.

I posted other day if a wr doesn’t happen we’re likely finished with the portal but could hit the grad transfer market up later. Wr and maybe a OT or Lb if they’re quality.

Theres still wr’s to be had in the portal but they’re being picky.

Last edited:
The staff didn’t fail when we could not have extended NIL offers to the kids ******* teammates. Some things are out of your control and this is one of them. I understand being upset but if you don’t have the facts, don’t ******* post incendiary **** like this. I am as upset as anyone but there are limits to what the staff can do, especially when they cannot be directly involved in the recruitment. You want to be mad? Go be mad at the nameless middlemen, have fun with that. The ‘better deal’ was his school gave his teammates NIL deals. They got paid, he stayed put. On to the next.
@Genghis Cane is a very solid poster.

He’s definitely not trying to stir up sh*t. Just expressing a frustrating opinion in which it wasn’t expected where Miami would not be able to get a WR with the QB, coaching and NIL component as it stands.

Maybe the Toledo kid is the play. Obviously you make an excellent point on the factors that are involved behind the scenes.

I agree that it’s not the coaching staff’s fault especially in today’s age in which influencers (whatever they look like) can have a say in any point in the process.

It works both ways. Sometimes to our favor (recent transfers that committed) and not (Shemar and receiver targets we didn’t get).

Three took less. Some kids just wanted to get more and also take care of teammates. As I said other day some kids see the long term goal in sight, they’ve put themselves in position to get drafted at said school, where they have relationships. Get some extra cheese while staying put.

I said this kids negotiations were up and down , that’s why I wouldn’t say it’s done.
It also didn’t help his parents preferred he stay there , so that was definitely a part of the deal.

At one poInt it seemed done. Oh well.
Any way that name ever comes out? I just curious tbh, hats off for that kid to leverage the interest from Miami into getting his teammates deals!

Advertisement
Assuming we strike out on finding one more WR, one must wonder how creative Gattis would get with dynamic options like Knighton and Skinner. If 2021 proved anything it's that Gattis will build his offense around the personnel. Even if it's a variation of the Wing-T.

Seems some have a memory about as long as my ******. . It was just days ago most on here we’re ecstatic at the D portal additions among others. One “miss” will NOT make or break this team

I’ll repeat myself in saying what Mario and team have accomplished in just a few short months is astonishing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if we kick the tires on Cody Jackson from OU. Not sure he would be an immediate contributor (and I am sure that’s what we are looking for), but he would add competition to the room. He’s talented and has a lot of eligibility remaining.

Advertisement
Back