4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Yikes, I appreciate the effort but we don’t reward effort around here. The coaching staff failed — simple as that.

You have an elite quarterback, massive NIL money to play with, and a favorable depth chart — how do you whiff repeatedly with those advantages?
kids dont really want to leave. They want more $$

Advertisement
With NIL, you will see more kids leverage their position to stay at their said school. Stay with the known (and get more money) then go to the unknown.

Unless its an obvious upgrade from a Pitt to a USC. The only way kids will make "lateral" moves are bc they are disgruntled.

Lmfao all this **** for nothing. Welcome to the crappier new world of college football.

In an effort to "clean up" CFB we've created more parasites, more snakes and more backroom deals. Which was foreseeable since ALL policies become perverse.

Lmfao all this **** for nothing. Welcome to the crappier new world of college football.

In an effort to "clean up" CFB we've created more parasites, more snakes and more backroom deals. Which was foreseeable since ALL policies become perverse.
It’s still better for Miami. Before it was the same Schools who have dominated the past 15 years or so buying who they want under the table with no competition. Now others are stepping up to pay legally. If gaytor fans are crying, it’s good.

Advertisement
every year we'll have to deal with the "fake portal jumpers", just trying to leverage more $$... guess you can't blame them, but it's just a sh*t show.. Miami's gonna have to create a couple new departments/staff positions just for retention of players.. making sure everyone is happy that we want to happy... smh..

It’s still better for Miami. Before it was the Schools who have dominated the past 15 years or so buying who they want under the table with no competition. Now others are stepping up to pay legally. If gaytor fans are crying, it’s good.
Don't get me wrong the old way was crappy too. It concentrated power so much that it becomes predictable. I keep telling everyone that I already know who will win the Natty this year. It's either Bama or OSU and that's just not good for CFB.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong the old way was crappy too. It concentrated power so much that it becomes predictable. I keep telling everyone that I already know who will win the Natty this year. It's either Bama or OSU and that's just not good for CFB.
I’ve given it some thought and the only way I think the NCAA can interfere with NIL is indirectly by severely limiting transfer rules. This would only affect portal players though. High school recruiting will be a Kool Moe Dee Wild Wild West auction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmfaoo hilarious how this board has been panicking over a mysterious portal WR just for it to end in nothing… relax I trust the WRs we have on the team. If it’s not Mims at RT, Addison at WR, or Flowe at LBer then PASS time to move on we have improved enough to have a very good 1st year under the Mario regime.

Advertisement
Back