4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
So you are going into this season and outlook based on Ivey?

Mind you, you already didn't even factor in that we did address CB in the portal with Porter. And not even factoring in that they practiced in spring without our #1 CB, who is good, in Stevenson. Not to mention, reports from inside guys we are lucky enough to get from that we know to be getting legit information, that the new staff, coaching, S&C have made a difference in improving the guys that did practice in spring.

Of course it has to play out on the field, but all indications are pointing towards the CB play and room to be improved from what we have seen in the past.

Also this isn't Madden, you have scholarship restrictions. You just can't go and pick and drop whoever you want. Finite number of scholarships these coaches know they will have to play with after transfers and what not. Based on their actions, which we have to assume is based on what they saw first hand after they coached them up, priority was changing the face of the DL room, addressing the O line, tweaking the CB room with Porter, and tweaking the WR room with 1 or 2 more guys. We can conclude that in the eyes of the what the coaches actually saw, D line then O line was a much bigger priority than CB and WR
Ivey and Couch are in the 2-deep coming off their worst seasons. I'm optimistic press man helps with Couch if he can regain confidence. Ivey on other hand is a long slow corner with tight hips(pause). Curtis and Dunson aren't battle tested so they could go either way. So going into season we have Porter who is a nickle with not great physical attributes (ht,speed). Stevenson CB1 not any real comp to make him better. 3 freshmen each with different skill sets nothing day 1 ready to start.
The insiders every year have the O&G glasses on so have to take that into account. We will see week 2 but I certainly would have felt better with another Alpha or physical specimen in CB room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all fall for this Everytime. 😂😂. These OOS cats be lying and only say this BS when they talking to Canes. DK was not coming to Miami. Neither was JJ Watt. FOH
Glad somebody else realizes this. If they wanted to come to Miami they would’ve been here. He could’ve called the HC and said I’m coming, have the scholarship ready when I get there. Nobody would’ve said no to him when they saw him in person.

All this “I hit them up, blah blah blah, is bullsh*t.

Advertisement
Back