4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Hey Cribby, I don't know how or why you find it in your heart to keep all us vultures informed on the latest and greatest, but I'd just like to say thank you. There's infectious excitement about the program right now, and your input (along with a few others) keep us coming back for more. Much appreciated!

I posted yesterday afternoon “we were all in on one wr” and a little later posted ” I thought we might have one”.

Just tbh I heard exactly what Boar mentioned but I know how this can work with portal kids. So I’m just careful. There’s been too many times it’s been “done “and something happened. Even with this actual recruitment.

I will say if he doesn’t enter there’s a chance it could drag out longer than we thought , I’ll explain no matter what.

Patience.
Did you hear something that made you preface this or just solely going off past experience?

Advertisement
Did you decide to stop the day-drinking 8 minutes ago?

****, was going to join.
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey Cribby, I don't know how or why you find it in your heart to keep all us vultures informed on the latest and greatest, but I'd just like to say thank you. There's infectious excitement about the program right now, and your input (along with a few others) keep us coming back for more. Much appreciated!
I agree with ur post but u gotta hit the Pause button my dawg

Advertisement
I wish corner was under more serious consideration. Can't say we have subpar WRs and all of a sudden corners are great.
Because evaluations are not solely based off of going against subpar WRs. They are evaluating based off of group drills, individual drills, team meetings along with what they do when they go against the WRs. Not to mention incoming class, Tyriqe and Porter not here as well.

Also if they felt WR room was so subpar as you stated we would have seen them attempt to address it like they did with the D line room. But based on the actions of this staff, they believe WR room is good with what they have and incoming class but does need an upgrade or 2, and not a complete overhaul like they did with the D line

Because evaluations are not solely based off of going against subpar WRs. They are evaluating based off of group drills, individual drills, team meetings along with what they do when they go against the WRs. Not to mention incoming class, Tyriqe and Porter not here as well.

Also if they felt WR room was so subpar as you stated we would have seen them attempt to address it like they did with the D line room. But based on the actions of this staff, they believe WR room is good with what they have and incoming class but does need an upgrade or 2, and not a complete overhaul like they did with the D line
We've heard corners were improved for 4 years. Something tells me 1 spring won't be when it finally happens. Scheme change is great and all but Ivey won't have the luxury of a bunch of drops he had in the spring game. I'll be ecstatic to be wrong but our corners lack speed and production.

General question..I remember Mario said in an interview we would be looking at portal transfers all the way up to the start of the first game. Was that just coachspeak or are we really going to be portal shopping year round? If so, what does that look like from a standpoint of players being eligible to play this season? Or anyone who comes in after yesterdays deadline has to wait to play in 2023 no matter what? (Ex...if we grab a grad transfer in the summer? Can they play in the Fall or do they have to wait until 2023?)
If they are GRAD transfers they can play immediately.

Advertisement
Back