4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Honestly my expectations on the mystery WR were relatively low; we've been conditioned to think of potential transfers as Florida-based or underachievers...and this was out of complete nowhere.

What a time for college football in general. No matter your point of view, it's volatile...and in my personal opinion, exciting. I's a free-for-all and we're in the top 5% as it stands.

I agree. And I hope everyone realizes, I was criticizing the Tweet, not the poster who posted the Tweet.

I just have a very dim view on being fed a line of bullcrap by a beat writer trying to spin gold out of "nearly-entered-the-portal".

Advertisement
I would just say this.

I don't believe our roster will be finalized until mid-August, no matter how many misleading deadlines come and go.

I'm not saying we "will" or "will not" add or drop guys in August, but I do know that Mario will not rest, and he will go right up to the deadline in trying to do everything in his power to improve the roster.

It’s Jus’Tanzayxavjor Worthflowaddisboutt DeRosier I will not be silenced
Animated GIF

Last day to appear in portal is Tomorrow so we should homie.
I know. But I’m just talking about them actually committing to a school. There could be a bunch of players popping up in the portal tomorrow but we might not get a commitment for 2 weeks while they go shopping.
If Addison visits usc and doesn’t pop it’s gonna be a movie in here

Good Morning Cribby. Worthy would have been a nice addition. I understand the process of the portal and the two day wait period. Does your sources know if the original WR you mentioned entered the portal at all?
I posted yesterday afternoon “we were all in on one wr” and a little later posted ” I thought we might have one”.

Just tbh I heard exactly what Boar mentioned but I know how this can work with portal kids. So I’m just careful. There’s been too many times it’s been “done “and something happened. Even with this actual recruitment.

I will say if he doesn’t enter there’s a chance it could drag out longer than we thought , I’ll explain no matter what.

Patience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I posted yesterday afternoon “we were all in on one wr” and a little later posted ” I thought we might have one”.

Just tbh I heard exactly what Boar mentioned but I know how this can work with portal kids. So I’m just careful. There’s been too many times it’s been done and something happened. Even with this actual recruitment.

I will say if he doesn’t enter there’s a chance it could drag out longer than we thought , I’ll explain no matter what.

Patience.
Does this impact immediate playing if it drags out or not?

Advertisement

Just tbh I heard exactly what Boar mentioned but I know how this can work with portal kids. So I’m just careful. There’s been too many times it’s been “done “and something happened. Even with this actual recruitment.

Patience.

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

Patience.
General question..I remember Mario said in an interview we would be looking at portal transfers all the way up to the start of the first game. Was that just coachspeak or are we really going to be portal shopping year round? If so, what does that look like from a standpoint of players being eligible to play this season? Or anyone who comes in after yesterdays deadline has to wait to play in 2023 no matter what? (Ex...if we grab a grad transfer in the summer? Can they play in the Fall or do they have to wait until 2023?)

Advertisement
General question..I remember Mario said in an interview we would be looking at portal transfers all the way up to the start of the first game. Was that just coachspeak or are we really going to be portal shopping year round? If so, what does that look like from a standpoint of players being eligible to play this season? Or anyone who comes in after yesterdays deadline has to wait to play in 2023 no matter what? (Ex...if we grab a grad transfer in the summer? Can they play in the Fall or do they have to wait until 2023?)

August = Grad Transfers

Never stop recruiting.

I was under the impression after a possible wr we’re set minus a lb or OT falling from the sky. At this point I could see that possibly happening with a grad transfer.

We passed on a good DT recently because he entered too late so DL seems set minus maybe Coleman after taking classes.

Things can change but that’s what I know.

Advertisement
I was under the impression after a possible wr we’re set minus a lb or OT falling from the sky. At this point I could see that possibly happening with a grad transfer.

We passed on a good DT recently because he entered too late so DL seems set minus maybe Coleman after taking classes.

Things can change but that’s what I know.
I wish corner was under more serious consideration. Can't say we have subpar WRs and all of a sudden corners are great.

Advertisement
Back