4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

whoever believes and espouses that a stadium should or could be built on campus or within the city of coral gables should be banned for life because among other things it means you understand NOTHING about the campus or the city within which it is located
Oh I agree. I saw a scheme that Schelly proposed in the early 1980s for an on campus stadium, but that land has since been absorbed by other facilities. The only potential way to do it is to expand the campus itself. Maybe for $5B you get get through all of the land acquisition and political hurtles, and then would come the cost of the stadium itself.

Advertisement
Oh I agree. I saw a scheme that Schelly proposed in the early 1980s for an on campus stadium, but that land has since been absorbed by other facilities. The only potential way to do it is to expand the campus itself. Maybe for $5B you get get through all of the land acquisition and political hurtles, and then would come the cost of the stadium itself.
you should be banned. even if there were space and money, no sitting commission in the city would approve it. none.

you should be banned. even if there were space and money, no sitting commission in the city would approve it. none.
I used to work at the Alumni House when I was at UM and one night (spring 1994) and I was going through the old yearbooks. The picture of the 40K on-campus proposal was either in one of those yearbooks from Schelly's time period, or it was a picture in the Alumni House itself. Don't recall which - perhaps the latter as I've tried just now looking at a few PDFs from then and could not find it.

Not saying it was moving forward or even credible, but there was a proposal. If I remember correctly, it would have absorbed where the intermural fields were (plus some additional space). It is known that Schelly wanted it (or one near the campus).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it Tyrese Chambers? Just scrolling through stats lists and I see he had 1050 yards on 45 catches with 9 TDs -
Don’t know much else about him

Oh I have no idea. Chambers would be nice though, perfect scheme fit IMO.

Advertisement
When the dust settles will you be able to tell us who the younger home run WR was, or nah?
Deserve Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Advertisement
Back