4 Miami Hurricanes are Semi finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t make it.

I have the following canes.
Hester, Wayne, Johnson, wilfork, gore, Campbell
Really? He has been great but so many DL that would be ahead of him right now and more coming up as well. I’m not saying I would be shocked that he got in but just addressing the statement that you’d be shocked if he didn’t get in.

Advertisement
Really? He has been great but so many DL that would be ahead of him right now and more coming up as well. I’m not saying I would be shocked that he got in but just addressing the statement that you’d be shocked if he didn’t get in.
He’s might not get in right away but he’s getting in. Highly respected dude who won man of the year in 2019. He made the NFLs 2010s all decade team. The longevity and consistency throughout his career. He’s balled out for 3 franchises. He should have won the defensive player of the year award in 2017.

none of the TEs will get a look? Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham?

man Greg Olsen was a model of consistency for what felt like a decade but actually looking at the stats he was pretty slightly above average overall...

Jimmy Graham was not just the most explosive TE but even receiver in the league for what felt like a few years in New Orleans.. that 2013 year he had 16 TDs and 1200 yards.. averaged 14ypc... he absolutely was on pace to have a HOF career through his first 5 years with NO but dropped off big time once he left to SEA... he had 46TDs in 4 years at NO...

Advertisement

man Greg Olsen was a model of consistency for what felt like a decade but actually looking at the stats he was pretty slightly above average overall...

Jimmy Graham was not just the most explosive TE but even receiver in the league for what felt like a few years in New Orleans.. that 2013 year he had 16 TDs and 1200 yards.. averaged 14ypc... he absolutely was on pace to have a HOF career through his first 5 years with NO but dropped off big time once he left to SEA... he had 46TDs in 4 years at NO...
Jimmy graham is top 4 all time for touchdowns among tight ends at 85, Travis Kelce will eventually pass him but still had an amazing career.

He was a monster in his prime I'm a bears fan and remember a game against New Orleans in 2011 he ran over our safety major wright (a gator) and knocked him out cold. 6'8 260lb freight train

Nick Mangold was the premier center from the mid 2000-2010 era and he also has a HoF case. He said "The fact that I have to play against Vince two times a year is miserable."

All those dudes deserve to be in HOF for sure. Man, I hate that we suck so much now 😒
Please Rad and Mario, get us back on top sooner than later 🙏🏾

Advertisement

Jimmy graham should eventually get in

He’s might not get in right away but he’s getting in. Highly respected dude who won man of the year in 2019. He made the NFLs 2010s all decade team. The longevity and consistency throughout his career. He’s balled out for 3 franchises. He should have won the defensive player of the year award in 2017.

Agreed. It'll likely take a minute, but I think he'll eventually get in. The Man of the Year thing can't be overstated (it means players, coaches, and journalists generally respect and like the man). He's made half a dozen Pro Bowls and had 3 All-Pro seasons. And he's closing in on 100 sacks (2 more this season and he gets it). That's a legit milestone.

Vince gets underrated because of the lack of "****" stats. But that's all a result of the scheme he was asked to play in and his generally selfless nature on the football field. Even then, he was a beast who played NT for at a high level for over a decade with several Pro Bowls and All-Pro selections. Vince deserves to be in.

The butt fumble was "****"!

Advertisement
Imagine if Andre Johnson had a competent team/QB to get him the ball............dude was amazing.
I literally told my son this yesterday. We were ranking tip 3 wrs and other positions we've seen with out own eyes and my top 3 wr were Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Dre. And I had to explain Dre never had an elite qb. He had Schaub who was 6 out of 10 at best. Above average.

The H.O.F is supposed to be the elite of the elite of the elite. It's Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, LT, Munoz, Marino, Deacon Jones, Rice.

By that standard, I'd only vote for Hester.

However, the standard is different now. They've watered the hall down in recent years by adding guys like Kurt Warner and Terrell Davis. Thus, all four should probably get in.

All of them get In

Hester was the best return man… EVER. Period.

Wayne and Wilfork was elite for years with wilfork being a dominant and key cog in that pats defense that was rolling.

Dre might get in before Wayne because I think they throw a bone to the Texans franchise as they might not have anyone qualify for that franchise again till maybe JJ watt…

Advertisement
I think people have their Orange and Green glasses on when it comes to Jimmy and Olsen. Both great NFL players but they are on the outside looking in.
Jimmy graham and Greg Olsen are 8th and 9th in receiving yards in NFL history for a tight end. Jimmy graham is also fourth in touchdown.

Advertisement
Back