4 ACC Teams in Sweet 16...

LPCanes26

Recruit
So 4 ACC Teams made it to the Sweet 16. It's just a bit surprising who those 4 teams are. No one should be too shocked that Duke made it. Clemson is a bit surprising. It's like they don't miss Grantham at all. FSU and Syracuse are surprising as **** though. 2 teams that Miami is better than and they made it 2 rounds further and who knows where they'll end. Can't believe UNC and Virginia flamed out so early. I thought VTech and NC St would win a game too. So out of 9 entrants... 4 survive. That's not terrible. It's just surprising who some of those final 4 are.

Advertisement
So 4 ACC Teams made it to the Sweet 16. It's just a bit surprising who those 4 teams are. No one should be too shocked that Duke made it. Clemson is a bit surprising. It's like they don't miss Grantham at all. FSU and Syracuse are surprising as **** though. 2 teams that Miami is better than and they made it 2 rounds further and who knows where they'll end. Can't believe UNC and Virginia flamed out so early. I thought VTech and NC St would win a game too. So out of 9 entrants... 4 survive. That's not terrible. It's just surprising who some of those final 4 are.

Syracuse is a nightmare match up for anyone that doesn't play them every year. Their zone is like GT offense in football in that you have to play it regularly and be patient to beat it.

Plus Syracuse has 3 really good players. Just no depth.

Advertisement
Syracuse is a nightmare match up for anyone that doesn't play them every year. Their zone is like GT offense in football in that you have to play it regularly and be patient to beat it.

Plus Syracuse has 3 really good players. Just no depth.
Yes I agree. Their zone is hard to beat. ****, Miami sees it every year and still have no idea how to attack it! But I believe Duke beats them. They beat them 60 44 last meeting and I can see see it being worse. Cuse has no depth at all. I'm rooting for Gonzaga to beat FSU. Guess I'll go for Clemson Duke as well.

SU is not the team that beat us 62-55 back in February. They are much better. O'Shea Brissett has become the "go to" guy on offense for them, the type of leader that we never developed. Duke will clean their clock though.

As for FSU, we split two games with them. Maybe, we were their equal. I never felt strongly that we were better.

The TAMU-UNC game showed that if we had bigs who played like bigs, we would've been a MUCH better team. Coach L plays a half court offense and TAMU showed what a strong inside presence does to a team like UNC who wants to run and gun.

Last edited:
What doesn't surprise anyone was Miami's first round tap out. That was mathematical. A shame.

We were sloppy and undisciplined as ever.... so bummed. Felt like we could have made the Eight with a little bit of discipline and good fortune.... opportunity lost.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We were sloppy and undisciplined as ever.... so bummed. Felt like we could have made the Eight with a little bit of discipline and good fortune.... opportunity lost.

lol. After the Loyola game you were saying that it saved us from a beatdown by Tenn.

Now it turns out Loyola is legit, we played them far better than Tenn, so of course you change your tune.

And this Nevada team is really ******* good. Only a moron who doesn't watch basketball would think they're a pushover

No one in the tournament is a pushover, that's why you have to coach well and play well in the tournament. Miami wasn't a pushover either, but Loyola found a way to win. Miami didn't.

So hard to swallow that L on Thursday especially after the top 4 seeds in our bracket are gone. Such a lost opportunity not pulling out that win since we had a chance to have the easiest path to the final four. Just brutal.

Advertisement
And no ACC teams in the Final Four...Duke and UNC rely on the calls coming and when they don't, you get today's result. FSU made it as far as Duke.

Duke will look like UK next year; a ton of incoming young talent who will fold when it matters.

Coach L made the Final Four as an 11 seed in 2005. At Miami, he lost to a really good Marquette team, a Villanova squad who ended up winning the National Title, an under-seeded Michigan St. team and a Loyola team who just made the Final Four. Not saying Coach L is a tourney savant but matchups and draw are everything.

Advertisement
Back