4/7/24 Game 32: Duke 15-16 L

Was JD Arteaga a well sought out baseball coach that top programs all over the country were falling over to hire as their new head coach?

No. There wasn't one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would be mad, but unless the boosters turn on this guy, it is what it is. This team is so close, yet so far, a competent, experienced coach would be able to get more out of this roster.
Define "booster". I suspect there are a lot of silent boosters who get paid little attention, yet know far more than the big money boosters seeking attention.

Run a competent athletic department, and you don't need a lot of interference from the outside. Sadly, we haven't had one in two decades.

Define "booster". I suspect there are a lot of silent boosters who get paid little attention, yet know far more than the big money boosters seeking attention.

Run a competent athletic department, and you don't need a lot of interference from the outside. Sadly, we haven't had one in two decades.
rumor is Rudy made the hire

Advertisement
Has Fenster been a plus or a minus or a non factor this year? Base running and defense is atrocious but is it him or talent?

Has Fenster been a plus or a minus or a non factor this year? Base running and defense is atrocious but is it him or talent?
I had high hopes after the first few weeks of the season, but the progress has seemed to fall apart since we started conference play.

Probably too early to tell, but where's the fire from these coaches? These guys look comatose half the time - get yourself thrown out of a game, have your players backs on s****y calls, etc. Even Gino did that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Non factor. There’s more than enough talent to field routine ground balls and not run into multiple outs every weekend with bad base running. This year is no different than the past 5-10.

At this point, call Urso’s dad from UTampa and give him the job. Anyone outcoaches JD.

You need those boosters to FUND the **** department. This is what our fanbase fails to understand. When you are already at a disadvantage financially, you can't afford to alienate the people you need in order to do stuff. Unfortunately, there's a very powerful group of donors, who are also our most valuable donors, that have legitimate power. They are also very clannish, and they refuse to recognize that just because they like someone, doesn't mean they are qualified.

There's a reason why they would only open the checkbook for Mario, and there's a reason why Miami hired JD. The fortunate thing is that at least Mario has a resume that justifies making the investment, and also, he's competent enough to where in theory, he should be able to get the program on track(Even though it's taking longer than any of us anticipated). JD on the other hand is a guy with an extremely low success probability, and that was from day one. Miami would have been better off with Dimare, and that's not a compliment. I'm convinced the ONLY reason Miami didn't promote Fitzroy Anthony to the Women's HC spot is because those donors don't give a **** about women's basketball and Rad, Katie Meier and the few donors that do care were able to work through an actual process without any interference.

Advertisement
Back