4-3 Defense

Advertisement
For the same reason that there are no coaching changes, there will be no change in defense. Al Golden is laughing his way to the bank

What on earth would make you think we are changing anything, much less the defense? Same ol same ol

What on earth would make you think we are changing anything, much less the defense? Same ol same ol

I thought I saw something on Twitter about it a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. If we continue with the same defense it will be another depressing season.

Advertisement
we went 4-7 vs FBS teams and lost the last four running that D. Why would they change now, but not before?

Last edited:
Can these coaches even teach the 4-3 defense? I know Ice can do it, but what about Dorito?

I thought I saw something on Twitter about it a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. If we continue with the same defense it will be another depressing season.

Probably fandome. Just use your head. This staff is digging their heels in with this defensive philosophy. If they weren't going to make any defensive changes after horrendous 2012/2013 stats, they sure won't make any changes after last year's "top 20" defense.

Advertisement
Lmao at changing systems.

The ENTIRE coaching staff has been retained.... What do you think happens? They all go read coaching for dummies and just change their philosophy over night?

Advertisement
We ran the 4-3 last year, but mostly it was variations of the 3-4.

Exactly. The point is people want a philosophy change and they'll take a change of base defense as a start. Of course Golden could run a passive 4-3 too. So unless he has some type of revelation about how to coach football on both sides of the ball we'll still play football trying not to lose as opposed to going out and trying to dominate.

Are we going to run the play clock down to zero before every snap on offense again?

We have to in order to preserve our sorry-assed defensive scheme. The fewer plays the opponent can get in, the better our stats.

Not our win/loss numbers. Our defensive stats.

Aug. 27, 1999

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Miami Hurricanes assistant coach Greg Schiano uses one word - actually, three words - to describe his defensive scheme.
"Attack, attack, attack," he says.
Schiano is considered a coach on the rise, and a return to the NFL could be in his future. But for now, he's focused on bonding with his young Hurricanes players.
"Kids have to believe what they're doing is the right thing," he says. "You can have a one-man rush, and if they believe it's the right thing, they'll do it well.
"They need to see how you can help them get better. It's more prevalent in the NFL, but if a guy sees you as someone who can help them get better, they'll listen to every word you say. If they see you as someone who's full of it, they're not going to listen to you and they're not going to respect you”.

Advertisement
Aug. 27, 1999

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Miami Hurricanes assistant coach Greg Schiano uses one word - actually, three words - to describe his defensive scheme.
"Attack, attack, attack," he says.
Schiano is considered a coach on the rise, and a return to the NFL could be in his future. But for now, he's focused on bonding with his young Hurricanes players.
"Kids have to believe what they're doing is the right thing," he says. "You can have a one-man rush, and if they believe it's the right thing, they'll do it well.
"They need to see how you can help them get better. It's more prevalent in the NFL, but if a guy sees you as someone who can help them get better, they'll listen to every word you say. If they see you as someone who's full of it, they're not going to listen to you and they're not going to respect you”.

Ah the good old days when UM hired coaches who were on the rise.

Advertisement
Back