4-2-5 Defense on Saturday

senac21

Recruit
Did anyone else notice that we ran a 4-2-5 defense during the game Saturday with Rayshawn Jenkins being the 5th DB

Advertisement
Did anyone else notice that we ran a 4-2-5 defense during the game Saturday with Rayshawn Jenkins being the 5th DB

In the NFL they call that the Nickel package. Hence 5 DB's. They don't run that as their base package so it's no different than any other fcs team.

I know what a nickel defense is I played college ball the thing about it was they had Jenkins covering the slot instead of a corner with burns and Howard on the outside with Bush and Carter at safety a nickel defense usually has a corner covering the slot instead of a safety

In the NFL they call that the Nickel package. Hence 5 DB's. They don't run that as their base package so it's no different than any other fcs team.

In the NFL, 9 times out of 10, the nickel dude is a corner as opposed to a safety, which is how GP plays it at TCU.

Advertisement
That's exactly what I was trying to explain Thanks Jersey cane I knew someone would understand

Advertisement
We have never played 425 here. There is a big difference between playing a 425 system and playing Nickel. Playing a 425 means that your entire defensive system runs according to a certain set of rules that are unique to the 425 system--because your base defense is the 425. Whatever we were are playing runs according to 34multi system rules--because we base out of a 34.

We have never played 425 here. There is a big difference between playing a 425 system and playing Nickel. Playing a 425 means that your entire defensive system runs according to a certain set of rules that are unique to the 425 system

Exactly. And that nickel package is puzzling. It should be Burns, Howard, Corn, Bush and Jenkins when we run nickel.

Advertisement
Having Jenkins at the Nickel spot gives you a better run defender in the box. Maybe that's why they did as opposed to having a little CB at that spot.

Advertisement
It's called a nickel defense
And am certain doritos only did it because after the first 3 we have no experience at CB

Advertisement
Back