4/2/24 Game 29: FAU 15-13 L

Advertisement
Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think there is any chance JD and staff are gone after one year. If he wasn’t Miami “royalty” with all these former players behind him then maybe, but he has too many backers. We are stuck.
Rarely is a coach canned after one year. Two seems to be the minimum, at least that’s what we see in football. I think he is the coach at least through 2025

Rarely is a coach canned after one year. Two seems to be the minimum, at least that’s what we see in football. I think he is the coach at least through 2025
He’s not going anywhere after this year. They will look at another top recruiting class, his 5 year contract, and the support he has from former players and key people at the school and “boosters” and give him 1 more year if not 2 more years.

I’d be surprised if we ate anymore than 2 years of him and his staff’s contract.

He’s not going anywhere after this year. They will look at another top recruiting class, his 5 year contract, and the support he has from former players and key people at the school and “boosters” and give him 1 more year if not 2 more years.

I’d be surprised if we ate anymore than 2 years of him and his staff’s contract.
Considering we didn’t fire Gino. We’re not on the hook for buyouts. I think it’s conceivable that if not on the bubble and we’re way out he’s gone.

Advertisement
This is JD's first season as HC so he'll be back without question unless he tells Radokovic that his wife and kids are ugly.

That being said...I know we have a good recruiting class coming in (assuming draft defections are minimal), but the product on the field has to get better. I don't care what your PG Showcase scores are, or how pretty you look at the plate/in the field - I care about 1) are you athletic enough to play at UM, and 2) do you already have some baseball IQ and can *think* the game? Those things are hyper important for us to get back to where we ought to be.

The IQ thing is the biggest thing to me - we kill ourselves with mental errors all over the field both defensively and offensively (whether on the basepaths or with our approach at the plate.

Next year his *** will be on fire because we aren’t making the dance this year.

There’s ample talent to make a regional next year so I think he’s safe there but the bar for termination should be advancing to super. We can’t continue to not make post season or get out of a regional and act like we’re a serious program. I think many of us would agree we lost the right to call ourselves a serious program with the hire of Jd but that could change if they ****can him in year 2 like they did Martin in Tally.

It’s not schools per se. It’s fans or alumni that have cash to burn. So an unknown mid major with a hedge fund manger as an alum could stack up recruits if they wanted.
You're right, although I suspect the school's athletic department sends enough signals on where their priorities lie. Ours sure has, and it isn't baseball.

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think there is any chance JD and staff are gone after one year. If he wasn’t Miami “royalty” with all these former players behind him then maybe, but he has too many backers. We are stuck.
Well, they had better bring the juice w NIL in the off season then to keep Cyr & Cuvet, and send the right signals to the top recruits.

Advertisement
Anyone else notice that since Rad has left Clemson, their basketball and baseball teams have flourished. Clemson just made an Elite Eight and their baseball team is ranked number 3 in the country right now?!

Considering we didn’t fire Gino. We’re not on the hook for buyouts. I think it’s conceivable that if not on the bubble and we’re way out he’s gone.

Anyone else notice that since Rad has left Clemson, their basketball and baseball teams have flourished. Clemson just made an Elite Eight and their baseball team is ranked number 3 in the country right now?!
I was aware of it....
Need to get this baseball program right.

I almost made the mistake of watching an inning of this joke of a program last night. I meant to, and then I forgot and did something else. Looks like I lucked out again.

Dan Radakovich...from the bottom of my heart, with ALL my chest, ****. YOU.

I almost made the mistake of watching an inning of this joke of a program last night. I meant to, and then I forgot and did something else. Looks like I lucked out again.

Dan Radakovich...from the bottom of my heart, with ALL my chest, ****. YOU.

It’s been a long while since I’ve been on campus or to any live events. Quite frankly, I don’t have the mental or financial capacity to subject myself to it. I’ve had way too many ppl Face Time me attending games, yelling in frustration, that I know it’s not w/in my soul to subject myself to it after I’ve worked tirelessly on my anger issues. Lol

However, I did something dumb yesterday; I went on to FAU’s site to watch this game from their home plate camera. Honestly, I’ve never watched a full game from that angle and it gave me a different POV from both the batter & pitching perspective. That’s the only silver lining I could reason w/ myself as to y I continued watching. Lol.

It’s painful to watch this team; starting w/ NJIT, this team could either easily be 8-9 games above .500 or 8-9 games below .500. So honestly, our record makes sense; we’re a mid team. I’m just not sure why anyone in the admin would green light this hire; we’ve not been a fundamentally sound team for some time, where our ceiling has been capped at Regional at best.

I knew once the schedule turned over & our competition became stiffer, it would be a roller coaster to close out the season. Mark Light provided some miracle moments just like last season, but that’s not the sign of a well coach team. I repeat, never hire from w/in a failed regime; what continuity are u really trying to establish? It rarely, & I mean RARELY work.

Advertisement
Jimenez: 0 RBI the last 10 games

Kulikowski: 0 RBI the last 7 games

Urso and Costello stink but I'd dust them off this weekend. Perez too.

If we're going to perish in flames then at least let these kids make one final push toward salvaging their final season.

Jimenez: 0 RBI the last 10 games

Kulikowski: 0 RBI the last 7 games

Urso and Costello stink but I'd dust them off this weekend. Perez too.

If we're going to perish in flames then at least let these kids make one final push toward salvaging their final season.
Especially Costello...ACC pitching is not something he has never seen before.
The SS position is keeping me up at night with the fielding and lack of production out of the 9th spot.
Diaz will be taking someone's spot on the travel roster today.

we went to the final ****** 4 last year and loading up on transfers and recruits.

if you think rad had much of a say so in the tight knit fraternity that is our baseball progrum... ehhh

much ado about nothing i think. i like rad.

Advertisement
I'm not the biggest Rad fan.. but to be fair.. Rad didn't hire Brad Brownell. No credit for it for Rad or the new guy. Doubt anything else has changed. They've been tough in the past and just made a run this year in March... Overall record and conference record were all comparable. They made it to the sweet 16 once while Rad was there.

Erik Bakich was their new AD's first move after he took the job. Crushed that one after Rad did the Monte Lee hiring and seemed to be reluctant to fire him after his poor 2021 season. Aside from that I'm not sure Monte Lee was ever deserving of being on the chopping block. He had 3 good years to open his tenure and 2020 started strong. **** he got fired after a decent 2022 season. The new AD just had his guy he wanted and made it happen.

I don't think Rad actually made the final call. There's no conceivable way he thought "this is the best coach in the country for this job". He might have been the one that picked up the phone and said "Congrats", but it seems other forces had the final say in this.
youre likely right. also, brings up another issue that has plagued miami - why dont we let ADs do their jobs. we always let boosters or non athletic people make these calls.

we went to the final ****** 4 last year and loading up on transfers and recruits.

if you think rad had much of a say so in the tight knit fraternity that is our baseball progrum... ehhh

much ado about nothing i think. i like rad.
hes been a bad AD at miami and even the biggest insiders on here will tell you the same.

he extended Gino for no reason in his first year as AD after getting swept. he allowed the hire of JD when we got gifted a freebie when Gino quit on his own.

Advertisement
Back