4/17/24 Game 37: Bethune Cookman 16-20 L

My son wanted to fly down for a series. I told him to not waste his money. It pains me but I am not stepping into The Light until Arteaga is gone. We passed up Pollard for this bum. Of all the stupid hires the last twenty years, this one is easily the worst and possibly the most damaging.
Arrteaga lost his fire and passion a long time ago. The powers that be should have given him a nice severance package and sent him on his way. We needed a coach who still had that fire to win and win big. We also need a recruiter. JD ain’t that either.

Advertisement
He'll have the Texas job next year after they fire Pierce.
You are correct. Need to start looking in another direction. Oregon State coach. The top assistant at Arkansas is ready for a top job. Duke coach.
Last year we had a chance at the Maryland guy who went to Alabama. Give him a call and inquire his interest.

You are correct. Need to start looking in another direction. Oregon State coach. The top assistant at Arkansas is ready for a top job. Duke coach.
Last year we had a chance at the Maryland guy who went to Alabama. Give him a call and inquire his interest.
Realllllly botched the opportunity to hire Pollard from Duke. Makes no sense at all how he wasn't the guy.

He'll probably be the focal point of the biggest openings this off season.. possibly including Texas.

Advertisement
Deggs from Louisiana Lafayette would be awesome. Maybe weird culture fit but his teams play like they are built for Miami.

Also, if Pollard wasn’t so bad at interviewing maybe we could go that route but we can’t have a bad interviewer. What would people think?

Deggs from Louisiana Lafayette would be awesome. Maybe weird culture fit but his teams play like they are built for Miami.

Also, if Pollard wasn’t so bad at interviewing maybe we could go that route but we can’t have a bad interviewer. What would people think?
Did he go to a private HS in Miami?

Advertisement
Did he go to a private HS in Miami?

Deggs can coach. I spoke with their AD last June. He said, how fortunate they were to have him.No nonsense guy..

You know it’s bad when the usual suspects haven’t peaked their heads in this year to tell us how great everything is and we’re all so wrong for questioning.

Might just be the true sign the program is officially dead.

It was worse during the Grassy era where you had folks jumping on folks who were saying the quiet part out loud regarding the program slowly dying during Morris' last few years and later with DiMare (who can't forget the prominent fan who went by the initials OCF).
Now this is really bad.
We are in the Dark Ages.
To think I used to follow the program year-round, attending a few home and away games.
From the pre and post-season and even following our players during their summer leagues.
I slowly pushed myself from this clusterfk.

It's just crazy stuff.

The Arteaga hire was worse than (1) extending Morris after getting rolled in a home regional by Stony Brook and Missouri State, 22-4 back in 2012 as well as (2) handing washed-up DiMare the keys in 2019.

To promote from within a second time in a row from a regime that was so toxic, tired and run down—does Dan Radakovich even have any say? This was a Blake James level hire with Arteaga.

I get that the hire was his "gold watch" for two decades of loyalty, but they should've given him in his shot in 2019 (instead of DiMare) if this was the plan, or they should've learned from DiMare's hire that it was time to look elsewhere. Both of these guys have extended the second half of Morris' final decade in Miami where he was mailing it in as he had alimony to pay, a new wife and a young son.

No one has been at the wheel for Miami baseball since the 2008 season went up in smoke as one-seed in Omaha with that disastrous ninth inning against Georgia.

At this rate you need an abysmal level showing from Arteaga this year; like a 20-34 type season where the wheels are completely off, for the glimmer of hope that they make a change.... the type of outing that tells J.D. that he isn't cut out for this.

Advertisement
It was worse during the Grassy era where you had folks jumping on folks who were saying the quiet part out loud regarding the program slowly dying during Morris' last few years and later with DiMare (who can't forget the prominent fan who went by the initials OCF).
Now this is really bad.
We are in the Dark Ages.
To think I used to follow the program year-round, attending a few home and away games.
From the pre and post-season and even following our players during their summer leagues.
I slowly pushed myself from this clusterfk.

It's just crazy stuff.

Never in my lifetime did I think this program would bottom out like this.

50 years old. Went to Fraser's camps in the '80s. Omaha was a gimme; Ron always knocking on the door his final few years after two titles in his day and Jim kicking this thing to another gear in the '90s; two rings of his own.

Haven't legit fielded a winner since the 2008 top seed choked in the opener to Georgia. All downhill from there; 1-4 in Omaha in three tries since, if my calculations are correct.

Morris should've been gone after losing to Stony Brook and Missouri State as a one-seed in the Coral Gables Regional in 2012; boat-raced by a combined score of 22-4. Instead they extended him as he'd just gotten remarried, had alimony to pay and a young kid—another wasted half decade while the guy mailed it in and since then the keys were tossed twice to milquetoast, lifeless assistants.

This program has no cojones.

Screenshot-2024-04-18-at-5-01-04-PM.png

Advertisement
We're blaming the wrong people - what Asst isn't going to accept a HC job and more money?!?! Unless and until the people making the bad hiring decisions are gone or held accountable, NOTHING meaningful will change (think Herbstreet rant on the FB program).

And please, no more "who's our next coach" threads until the university hires competent people making those decisions.

Do you see a pattern with this athletic program?

In 2018 Mark Richt does you a solid and resigns, leaving you with no buyout, plenty of money, a team that won the coastal one year earlier, a chance to take the football program to the next level with the right hire… and you hire Manny Diaz in 6 hours of a coaching search. No head coaching experience. Failure of a tenure. Left a talentless roster and a toxic culture behind after 3 years, both of which are still trying to be corrected presently.

Fast forward to 2023. Gino DiMare resigns, leaving you with no buyout and a chance to take the next step forward with the right hire. You hire JD Arteaga. No managerial experience. Complete disaster. Team in shambles and getting worse by the day.

The people really in charge in Coral Gables are either incompetent buffoons or don’t care and are laughing at us all

Advertisement
Back