RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Class of 2017 will help us get our depth where it needs to be. Class of 2018 has a chance to be SPECIAL that is the class if done right will put us over the hump.

Advertisement
2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Class of 2017 will help us get our depth where it needs to be. Class of 2018 has a chance to be SPECIAL that is the class if done right will put us over the hump.
Definitely, I'm pretty sure 7 of the top 125 for next year are from SFL and there's 18 in the top 250...and that's in SFL. All are essential to the rebuild of the program and there's no reason to leave the state unless they're truly elite...or to get a QB

2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Couldn't agree more. Obviously 2018 is stacked with DBs in SoFla. Hopefully we can hold onto Henderson, Donaldson, Dykstra, and get a couple other guys to fill the problem areas of DB and OL in this next class. We could be in very, very good shape. Can't wait to see the QB competition with all the new talent coming in

Advertisement
2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Couldn't agree more. Obviously 2018 is stacked with DBs in SoFla. Hopefully we can hold onto Henderson, Donaldson, Dykstra, and get a couple other guys to fill the problem areas of DB and OL in this next class. We could be in very, very good shape. Can't wait to see the QB competition with all the new talent coming in
The question is who's the priorities?? There's no way we can keep 8 DB's commited with not a single one of the SFL kids playing safety. Sure you could move Frierson there and Jobe might classify to '17 but 6 DB's in one class is going to be be hard to keep even though we need the depth

2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

The question is who's the priorities?? There's no way we can keep 8 DB's commited with not a single one of the SFL kids playing safety. Sure you could move Frierson there and Jobe might classify to '17 but 6 DB's in one class is going to be be hard to keep even though we need the depth

Ideal 2018 scenario IMO:

S: Frierson, Jobe
CB: Blades, Surtain, Campbell

Also take Patterson as an ATH, and drop Burns

2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Ideal 2018 scenario IMO:

you forgot about Tyreke Johnson, Miguel Edwards, and Marquis Williams...see what I mean. For example if Tyreke Johnson wants to commit, who do you kick out? Patterson?? It's really hard to pinpoint but it's a good thing to have those kinds of options in an area

Frierson is a corner, jobe can be one too, id take blades and campbell and call it a day, patterson would wanna play DB so i see him dipping

Advertisement
2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Ideal 2018 scenario IMO:

Don't be surprised if Campbell outgrows the cb position, in fact I'd be shocked if he's not 6'4" or taller by NSD '18.

Frierson is a corner, jobe can be one too, id take blades and campbell and call it a day, patterson would wanna play DB so i see him dipping

u think so? i think GF is a safety

He has really good coverage skills, with his size and speed corner is his money position imo
I think frierson's position is going to be determined by who commits...much like Navaughn Donaldson this year

Advertisement
2017:
QB N'Kosi Perry (Miami commit)
QB Cade Weldon (Miami commit)
QB James Blackman
RB Stephen Carr (USC commit)
APB Darrian Felix
WR Camron Buckley
WR Charleston Rambo (Oklahoma commit)
WR Antoine Thompson
OL Corey Gaynor
DL Jonathan Ford (Miami commit)
DE Jordan Wright
DE Owen Carney
LB Waynmon Steed (Miami commit)
DB Randall Haynie
DB Nick Roberts (Miami commit)
DB Latavious Brini
DB Billy Gibson (Miami commit)
DB Derrick Smith
DB Daniel Wright
DB Marco Wilson
ATH Deejay Dallas

Man there's just something about Blackman when you watch his film, wish we could squeeze him in.

Advertisement

u think so? i think GF is a safety

He has really good coverage skills, with his size and speed corner is his money position imo

We need a rangy athletic safety and hes the proto type. We havent had a game changer at safety in forever
Again I really think his position is going to be determined by who else joins him, much like Navaughn Donaldson

2018:

RB Lorenzo Lingard
DB Gilbert Frierson
DB Al Blades Jr
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Patrick Surtain Jr
S Tyreke Johnson
ATH Jermaine Eskridge
ATH Shaun Shivers

Definitely, I'm pretty sure 7 of the top 125 for next year are from SFL and there's 18 in the top 250...and that's in SFL. All are essential to the rebuild of the program and there's no reason to leave the state unless they're truly elite...or to get a QB

By then.... 'truly elite' status should go for anywhere. Lets be honest....we've had a decent amount of scrubs after having down seasons.... I want to go after the best in 1.Sfla 2.Fla 3.OOS......get the best of the best! You cannot get all of the top kids in one area. IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back