4/12/24 Game 35: FSU 16-18 L

Brad Kelley was 36-22 in his one year as skipper, good enough to make a regional, and have a few ****tails along the way.

The last time Miami finish the season with a losing record...1957 under Jimmie Foxx ending with a 11-12 record.
I thought he got a raw deal. Having a cold one with a player in an airport lobby that was 21…not a great idea but getting canned seemed excessive

Advertisement
I have no faith in the athletic department as a whole. I want to make that clear…..

But the more this season totally unravels the more likely I see him getting ****canned.

You and I can still get in the box and put the ball in play against ole Chestnutt. Bless him but he is playing out of his league.
So is Urso, Jimenez, Scinta, the catchers, and until a couple days ago, Long. Unless we hit the portal hard and get some arms and an outstanding catcher, we will be in the same boat next year. These are guys that I couldn’t see starting on any serious contender in the ACC.

I have no faith in the athletic department as a whole. I want to make that clear…..

But the more this season totally unravels the more likely I see him getting ****canned.
I thought this same thing after the Duke series. JD looked overwhelmed and embarrassed. So if “****canned” also means given a chance to step down I agree.

There’s a fine line they have to walk to not make it look like this program is in shambles. I know we can all see it, but at least with Gino, the outside appearance was good teams that just ran out of gas in regionals. If you didn't watch everyday you didn’t see the massive reoccurring flaws.

Plus they also gave the middle finger to multiple good candidates last year. If they aren’t already contacting agents and putting feelers out, the new guy won’t be any better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Plus they also have the middle finger to multiple good candidates last year. If they aren’t already contacting agents and putting feelers out, the new guy won’t be any better.
I'm sure the boosters will just move down to the next contact on their friends and family list for the next candidate. I wonder if they are a little upset that Farteaga couldn't buy them the needed time to bridge to Alex Cora.

With all these coaching candidates in baseball and football that allegedly "interview poorly" at UM, I wonder if that just means if they just replied "No" when asked "did you attend high school in south Florida?"

I have to believe that Rad didn't have a whole lot to do with the JD hiring and his staff later on. He is probably standing there with his arms crossed with a I told you so look on his face.
With the support of the former players and $ guys who are behind him, I'm guessing that he gets another year.
I don't agree with it, but that is how I see it playing out.
Does Rad have a sit down with JD on Monday and demand some answers on what is going on and what immediate changes will be made at the seasons end?
Have JD give a grade thus far for all of his coaches and off field guys.
Portal strategy now and when the season ends?
Explain why the team is in last place in the ACC?
Why is the pitching staff in such disarray?
Rad needs to demand accountability.
If he doesn't like his responses, time to start searching for a new coach.

I thought he got a raw deal. Having a cold one with a player in an airport lobby that was 21…not a great idea but getting canned seemed excessive
Given what I know about our football coaches at the time, for certain, it was a false pretense to bring in Morris. Nothing you don't already know, but Jim was just straight up a better coach at the time.

Advertisement
Back