3rd down offense

Advertisement
I doubt we can be better. If richt or his thomas are calling plays we ARE NOT winning 10 games. I'm on record that Rucht is not a high level OC

And why are you here?

Always makes me laugh when people say they are "on the record" on an anonymous posting site. As if being "on record" had any real consequences. Yet they try and make it sound so monumental and official, like an official declaration in court. These "on the record" people are also the first to disappear when they are proven wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
false starts and holdings have to be minimized as well...can easily turn 3rd and 2 into 3rd and long

Morris playing on a mangled ankle might have contributed to him not running much his final season.

Didnt run before the injury.

Was injured in the first game of the season.

Morris career high rushing in a season is 90 yards. Had 2 negative rushing yard seasons. And he didnt get hurt until the 4th or 5th game vs usf.

He was a good enough runner that they designed special read option packages just for him when he was backup. He was put in the game specifically to provide a run threat.

Go ahead and farther off point though. Morris didn't run his senior year because his ankle was mangled. Keep arguing against that fact though. No one said he was Mike Vick before that.

I'd be careful about assuming all the pieces are in place.

Outside of Walton, Richards, Herndon, Berrios there's very little experience. This won't be some well-oiled machine.

Advertisement
When you line up in the I and run straight into and 8 man front on first and second down, it makes converting on third down a lot tougher. Everything about the offense got better when Richt scrapped the pro set stuff and started using the pass to set up the run.

Morris playing on a mangled ankle might have contributed to him not running much his final season.

Morris career high rushing in a season is 90 yards. Had 2 negative rushing yard seasons. And he didnt get hurt until the 4th or 5th game vs usf.

He was a good enough runner that they designed special read option packages just for him when he was backup. He was put in the game specifically to provide a run threat.

Go ahead and farther off point though. Morris didn't run his senior year because his ankle was mangled. Keep arguing against that fact though. No one said he was Mike Vick before that.

He wasnt hurt his junior season and he still didn't run.

Outside of Walton, Richards, Herndon, Berrios there's very little experience. This won't be some well-oiled machine.

Cager was well on his way to starting before that freak injury last summer. We brought some studs in at receiver this last class in addition to Dionte Mullins emerging this spring. Receiver also is the easiest transition for a true freshman to play by far. Miami brought in 2 of the most explosive receivers in the country this year including the best overall athlete in the country in jeff thomas

Advertisement
I doubt we can be better. If richt or his thomas are calling plays we ARE NOT winning 10 games. I'm on record that Rucht is not a high level OC

You guys heard it here! WE ARE NOT winning ONE more game then we did in Richt's first year with Golden recruits. It's just impossible that we could we ONE more game for the rest of Richt's time here. I mean three of our four losses was within one score but better recruits and more time in the system won't fix any of that. Never has.

You don't judge QB's running ability by total yardage because every sack counts as negative rushing yards and throws off the numbers. That only works for QB's that look to run first.

this is what I keep saying

this o line was a joke last year, that alone should have people being modest yet a lot of people seem to expect more than what happened last year

it could happen but I'll be surprised to see this offense setting the pace

Advertisement

this is what I keep saying

this o line was a joke last year, that alone should have people being modest yet a lot of people seem to expect more than what happened last year

it could happen but I'll be surprised to see this offense setting the pace

Offense was clunky against everyone except Pitt.

They ****ed around for a while against UVA, Duke, NC State, WVU before heating up.

Luckily for us our defense kept us in those games.

Morris scrambled successfully several times in 2010, and then never did it again. Weird.

Jacory did too a few times his freshman year as well

I always felt many of the Canes played not to get hurt and that came ahead of winning.The memory of what it cost
Melvin Bratten and Craig Erickson who were 1st round draft choices and after their injuries fell way down.That all
changed with Richt.

If we struggle on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down - it will be because of suspect QB play. With Rosier, Sherriffs or Perry, we will have suspect QB play.

Just because you have a young qb starting doesn't mean they will struggle. Especially if most of the pieces around them are all in place. It's 2017 not the 80s.

do we have that right now iyo?

Advertisement
Back