31 Rushing Yards Allowed

IMO this deserves its entirely own thread.

I understand Clemson is not what they were for most of the past decade. But that being said, they ran for at least 136 yards in every game this season. They’ve had 3 games over 200 yards rushing. Klubnik stinks, but he can move, they have 2 excellent backs, and a formidable offensive line.

We gave up 31 rushing yards yesterday. 31. Thirty-one. To Clemson, without Akeem Mesidor and Nyjalik Kelly.

In the last FIFTEEN seasons, you know how many times Clemson has ran for 31 or fewer yards in a game against anyone??

Once.

One time. 2021 vs UGA in the season opener. That’s it. And by the way, that UGA team won the national championship that season.

We just held Clemson to their 2nd lowest rushing output of the least 15 seasons, down 2 linemen. Lance Guidry, come get your flowers. That is an INCREDIBLE effort from a group of guys that I was told all week have quit on the season and will roll over like dogs. Maybe in the future we learn that just because teams 10 years ago or 5 years ago did something, doesn’t mean this one will?

**** OF A JOB to everyone involved with the defense last night. 31 yards (and 5 sacks) against Clemson just literally does not happen. Incredible, inspired performance.

Advertisement
IMO this deserves its entirely own thread.

I understand Clemson is not what they were for most of the past decade. But that being said, they ran for at least 136 yards in every game this season. They’ve had 3 games over 200 yards rushing. Klubnik stinks, but he can move, they have 2 excellent backs, and a formidable offensive line.

We gave up 31 rushing yards yesterday. 31. Thirty-one. To Clemson, without Akeem Mesidor and Nyjalik Kelly.

In the last FIFTEEN seasons, you know how many times Clemson has ran for 31 or fewer yards in a game against anyone??

Once.

One time. 2021 vs UGA in the season opener. That’s it. And by the way, that UGA team won the national championship that season.

We just held Clemson to their 2nd lowest rushing output of the least 15 seasons, down 2 linemen. Lance Guidry, come get your flowers. That is an INCREDIBLE effort from a group of guys that I was told all week have quit on the season and will roll over like dogs. Maybe in the future we learn that just because teams 10 years ago or 5 years ago did something, doesn’t mean this one will?

**** OF A JOB to everyone involved with the defense last night. 31 yards (and 5 sacks) against Clemson just literally does not happen. Incredible, inspired performance.
Only reason this game was close is because Dawson played it safe with the Freshman QB otherwise we would have beat them by double digits had TVD started.

Guidry made a statement last night and we all know what are deficiencies are DT and the secondary as far as personnel goes. **** of a job, let's keep the momentum going vs a UVA team who just pulled a massive upset.

Advertisement
To me the way we contained Klubnik was really impressive..we clogged the line up and stopped e basically every single run but also kept Klubnik from scrambling at all. Normally that kind of game where we play well against the pass AND against the run we give up several backbreaking runs to the QB.

Not yesterday.

D was dominant AND disciplined.

Advertisement
Back