30 for 30 gives me chills.

Hstokes1447

Junior
Every time I watch this 30 for 30 it gives me chills. Growing up in Liberty City during the 80"s this team really made a major impact on my life. I will never forget how the hood would explode on saturday when Miami would win a game. I miss those days and I pray this team can get back to that.

595.gif

TheU_GunSlinger.gif

Advertisement
Need to get a HC that will go out and build an identity for the program around the neighborhoods. Too much outside influence in the area right now.

Every time I watch this 30 for 30 it gives me chills. Growing up in Liberty City during the 80"s this team really made a major impact on my life. I will never forget how the hood would explode on saturday when Miami would win a game. I miss those days and I pray this team can get back to that.

595.gif

Two words: Butch Davis

Advertisement
Need to get a HC that will go out and build an identity for the program around the neighborhoods. Too much outside influence in the area right now.

You have to remember that when Howard walked in there it was EXTREMELY rare for a any non-police white man to be walking up to a house in those hoods. Today Urban, Jimbo, Satan, and every white dude in the world is running around down there giving money to dude's like Slave Trader. Howard broke ground, JJ mind it, then Dennis dropped the shovel, and now it is full of claim jumpers. Howard and THE U opened the world up for those hoods. The individual players have profited from numerous college offers they never got back then, but the identity you want has been sacrificed by the hoods-- and THE U. Foote should have stood by our boys after that Cotton Bowl and told all the other school to stuff it. But he was a NE elitist not a good ole boy like me. For me Hill in the tunnel was one of the great moments in sports-- that and the chicken the ND catch. Ok maybe it is Barrow standing over Vanover after the hit, no I think it was Vinny getting blindsided by Boz and not going down, not it was Playmaker scoring against Neon, not it was ...... ah ****, there were so many moments. How sad to have lost that--for us white redneck dudes too.

We are long over due...10 years and counting! I know all teams go thru droughts but got**** this is frustrating year after year. As a cane fan of 30+ years, This is one of the most painful stretches. This off season I did not find my self excited about spring and I feel the same about the season. I hate to admit this because usually I am amped but I just dont have confidence in either of our coordinators and steadily losing confidence in AG. Make or break year IMO. I truly truly hope my pessimism is proven wrong

BTW my all time defensive moment: Barrow's hit on Vanover....proud to see a fellow homestead alumn recking havoc. I remember that like yesterday, it was the FSU game the same year as hurricane andrew. All time special teams play: Hester taking it to the house vs. UF.ag and hester again at the 04 peach bowl vs. UF.ag. Too many offensive moments to recount

Advertisement
Need a coach with a stronger personality than the school president to get back to where we want to be.

Can't have a guy that's into fem-dom like the beta we have now running the show.

Advertisement
Back