3 Stars and below from Tri-County who have done well

just ask bama if stars matter

You can also ask Texas and USC about the importance of stars. **** stars eveyone likes 5 stars but I put more emphasis on coaches talent evaluation skill and development as well which Golden clearly has.

Ok lets get rid of duke 5 star yearby 5 star and not recruit cook 5 star. Matter fact lets get rid of Mcord 4 star Perryman 4 star Bush 4 star Howard 5 star i believe....umm burns aqm carter the whole got **** ol and lets sub in 3 and 2 stars. gimee a break

let bama get Lane and let clark n cook go to uif and let the staff find diamonds in the rough. Im pretty sure at UNC butch went after highly touted guys.

Yes that is exactly what I said lmao. If you acutally read my comment I said everyone wants 5 stars from HS but a coaches ability to spot and develop talent is very important. After all 5 stars are few and far between so a coach must be able to develop the 3 stars and turn them into productive players.

Advertisement
I don't think it's about stars at all guys. I think the only thing that matters is coaches coaching ability. Yes there have been 5 star bust. It most likely wasn't for a lack of talent but a lack of proper coaching and development. Some programs routinely turn 3 stars into players. See Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Boise State, ect. If those teams were to land 5 star talents they would probably be unbeatable because the way they develop the talent that they have has shown.

could there be some accolades next to the players you are naming? i dont know what is the basis of "better then expected" some player aren't ranked because they dont have exposure. great list thanks for your time but just wondering

No problem.

Some guys break out late or not real productive until they're junior or senior seasons. So when I post the stats do you guys prefer career stats or should I just post the best year of their career's?

which ever you see fit, this is your list

Cool, I'll list the season in which each player was most productive then.

Ya know what? The ****ing answer is this. Do stars matter? About 3/4 of the time. I'd say about 25% of productive college players come from 3 and under. But for the most part in today's age of constant info and evaluation, it's getting more rare to find sleepers. I would say twenty years ago stars didn't matter. But now truth is, if a guy is a five star, then he's got talent and it's up to the coaching staff to keep him interested, motivated, and developed.

this is it close the thread

Advertisement
Back