3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
It depends on what his role is going to be.

If he's setting the edge, diagnosing plays, using his hands to create havoc... He'll be great here.

If he's being asked to rush the passer, disrupt with quickness... He will struggle here.

He does a good job of diagnosing plays and actually changes direction better than expected. His height and weight are solid for a kid coming in. If he's allowed to grow into the position of a SDE, then this is a very good pickup. He plays with effort and intensity, he's ok coming off the ball, but the overall burst is missing.

He is a SDE all the way in my opinion. With a RS year and the weight room he could be 260lbs I would think.

Advertisement
I actually like the kid compared to all the other 3 stars we currently have. Good frame with great production. Not sure on competition. Has to get a boost in rankings at some point.

Advertisement
1700096043229.gif

Signed,

Peruche

It depends on what his role is going to be.

If he's setting the edge, diagnosing plays, using his hands to create havoc... He'll be great here.

If he's being asked to rush the passer, disrupt with quickness... He will struggle here.

He does a good job of diagnosing plays and actually changes direction better than expected. His height and weight are solid for a kid coming in. If he's allowed to grow into the position of a SDE, then this is a very good pickup. He plays with effort and intensity, he's ok coming off the ball, but the overall burst is missing.

Not sure what you’re looking at, but he’s got an explosive first step and some lateral agility for someone that big.

He does need to learn some pass rush moves, but that’s what Taylor is here for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Value production over projection.

Bain - massive production equals instant impact

Colin McConathy - highest sack total in Alabama = I love where it's going

Hold on here…

Bain is an incredible athlete.

This guy appears to be a good athlete as well.

One thing I don’t want people to think is that these are some Glenn Cook type players.

Advertisement
Back