Off-Topic 3 Children Dead in Shooting at Nashville Christian School, Hospital Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
One group wants to blame guns, another wants to blame the trans movement.

Meanwhile, mental illness and Big Pharma don't care as long as the focus isn't on them. Guns have been around for decades, but the mass shooting phenomenon is relatively new. There is a variable that changed, that's the one to blame, not the one that's been constant.
Mental health problems exist in every country, mass shootings at schools in this consistency only exist in one country. Mental health issues are not exclusive to the USA, but mass shootings in this amount most certainly are.

The most common cause of death for a child in the United States are firearms.

I'm unsure how one problem excludes another. If people still consider guns to not be a main problem here, I can't help you but to be extremely confused about the stance you are having. Saying that decision makers should focus on mental health way more does not exclude the fact that the USA has a serious problem with firearms and firearm-related incidents and deaths and this should be dealt with also.

Advertisement
1680086115227.png

1680086185111.png

Mental health problems exist in every country, mass shootings at schools in this consistency only exist in one country. Mental health issues are not exclusive to the USA, but mass shootings in this amount most certainly are.

I'm unsure how one problem excludes another. If people still consider guns to not be a main problem here, I can't help you but to be extremely confused about the stance you are having. Saying that decision makers should focus on mental health way more does not exclude the fact that the USA has a serious problem with firearms and firearm-related incidents and deaths and this should be dealt with also.
School shootings **** near never happened ,I can’t recall many at all growing up in the 80’s / 90’s, now it’s a weekly event. Maybe , just maybe this country has a major mental health issue and our suicide rates amongst teens shows that. The media won’t talk about that even though these kids are on all kinds of mood altering drugs, which has became common in the same time frame as all the shootings. Over half the gun deaths in the US are by suicide and that counts as a gun death, another stat they don’t tell you about. Big Pharma gets no blame , ever. I wonder why?

School shootings **** near never happened ,I can’t recall many at all growing up in the 80’s / 90’s, now it’s a weekly event. Maybe , just maybe this country has a major mental health issue and our suicide rates amongst teens shows that. The media won’t talk about that even though these kids are on all kinds of mood altering drugs, which has became common in the same time frame as all the shootings. Over half the gun deaths in the US are by suicide and that counts as a gun death, another stat they don’t tell you about. Big Pharma gets no blame , ever. I wonder why?
The latest statistics still show that 43% of all gun deaths are related to murder.

Its not a good statistic and the problem is too multi-faceted to go "Oh its just mental health" or "Oh its just guns".

Address both with equal importance.

Advertisement
One group wants to blame guns, another wants to blame the trans movement.

Meanwhile, mental illness and Big Pharma don't care as long as the focus isn't on them. Guns have been around for decades, but the mass shooting phenomenon is relatively new. There is a variable that changed, that's the one to blame, not the one that's been constant.

Wouldn't Trans Movement = Mental Illness?!?!
So perhaps we are finally putting the focus where it needs to be.......

Firearms have been readily available for well over a hundred years. Mass killings are a relatively new phenomenon and are not unique to the US.

Look at the variable that changed.

Psychotropic medicine sales increased from 28·54 DDD per 1000 inhabitants per day in 2008 to 34·77 DDD per 1000 inhabitants per day in 2019, corresponding to a 4·08% (95% CI 2·96-5·21) relative average increase annually.

Wherever there is a mass killing AND a manifesto, the move was political. Period. We can naturally call anyone insane after committing that particular crime but its like calling the Japanese crazy for flying kamikazi missions. Sure its seems crazy to us, but those pilots were not crazy. And neither are many of these mass shooters.

Making this solely about mental illness is just wrong. We've always had the mentally ill amongst us and assault rifles have been available to us for decades.

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
― James Baldwin

We have to face the problem(all of our problems) from a sober honest pespective without politics or our country will continue to descend into chaos while we argue about the 2 amendment.

Advertisement
Firearms have been readily available for well over a hundred years. Mass killings are a relatively new phenomenon and are not unique to the US.

Look at the variable that changed.

Psychotropic medicine sales increased from 28·54 DDD per 1000 inhabitants per day in 2008 to 34·77 DDD per 1000 inhabitants per day in 2019, corresponding to a 4·08% (95% CI 2·96-5·21) relative average increase annually.

Mass killings via firearms are completely unique in the amount that they happen in the US.

If you don't want to accept this, this problem will never be solved. Every western country faces tremendous uphill battles with mental health and none of them have even close to the amount of shooting incidents. Its not even April and 130 mass shootings have been registered: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/query/0484b316-f676-44bc-97ed-ecefeabae077/map

Again: Multi-faceted problem. Its not just mental health as a problem, its guns too.

Mass killings via firearms are completely unique in the amount that they happen in the US.

If you don't want to accept this, this problem will never be solved. Every western country faces tremendous uphill battles with mental health and none of them have even close to the amount of shooting incidents. Its not even April and 130 mass shootings have been registered: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/query/0484b316-f676-44bc-97ed-ecefeabae077/map

Again: Multi-faceted problem. Its not just mental health as a problem, its guns too.
So there's an acceptable amount? The families of the six Jehovah's Witnesses killed in Hamburg three weeks ago might disagree.

Do you think the families of the 12 people killed by that truck driver at Christmas in 2016 in Berlin were thankful it wasn't a gun?

Do you think the families of the three kindergarteners killed in China last August were thankful it wasn't a gun?

Deflecting from the real problem is a recipe for more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back