3/28/24 Game 26: Clemson 15-10 W

I just saw the replay (only saw last inning live…good timing)

I think Gage could be an elite bullpen arm at the next level. His slider last night was tight. He shifts to 1-2 innings at the next level and ticks the velo up to 97-99 and the slider starts flashing 89-91 he can be a massive piece to a bullpen. In this day and age they are so in demand with starters going 5-6 innings

Advertisement
Crazy finish...happy for Scanlon. Dude could've been content being the 2nd catcher, but it looks like he's seized the spot behind the dish with both hands with his performance at the plate.

Would be a big big series win if we can secure the bag tonight. Really makes me upset we couldn't snag the ND series last weekend...could have really gotten on a roll and ended up in the rankings w/o that series loss and success this weekend.

Long needs to be the starter in CF regardless of his bat. The argument from @Zbrod95 for Carrier to start over Long is just silly. They don't play the same position and there is no other player on the roster with Long's speed and defensive ability in the outfield.

Carrier has been a disappointment. His bat looks slow. He strikes out way too much and is a liability in the OF. He's best at DH when he's hitting well.
No. Carrier needs to be the DH. Especially being he’s drawn the most walks and the least amount of K’s so far.

Advertisement
No. Carrier needs to be the DH. Especially being he’s drawn the most walks and the least amount of K’s so far.
You can twist it however you want. I expected big things for him when he landed in Miami. He should be a double digit HR hitter driving in runs, but isn't.

You are just flat out lying about his strikeouts and walks. His strikeouts are not the lowest. The fact is he has the 4th MOST strikeouts on the team despite having nearly half as many ABs as the other 3 ahead of him. Put another way, Carrier has the HIGHEST strikeout rate 19/50 (38%).

Carrier has 10 walks in 50 ABs (20%). That's very good, but not the best. Kulikowski has 11 walks in just 29 ABs. More walks than Carrier in 21 fewer ABs. Villegas has 23 walks in 94 ABs (24%) to lead the team. More than twice as many walks as Carrier at a higher percentage.

Your arguments are just no true. Carrier should be an RBI leader not BB leader from which he is
neither.

Simple put, Carrier hasn't developed much beyond what we saw from him as a freshman. I wish he were "That Dude." We could really use the production, but it simply isn't there.

Credit where credit is due. This season Gage has improved game by game. S/O Laz Gutierrez and JD. Now we need them to get the bullpen right
Pretty much the same thing he did last year (although not nearly as bad early as last year). For whatever reason, Gage seems to need live games under his belt to get going more than most.

Crazy finish...happy for Scanlon. Dude could've been content being the 2nd catcher, but it looks like he's seized the spot behind the dish with both hands with his performance at the plate.

Would be a big big series win if we can secure the bag tonight. Really makes me upset we couldn't snag the ND series last weekend...could have really gotten on a roll and ended up in the rankings w/o that series loss and success this weekend.
Me too - nice to see the work he must have put in over the off-season pay dividends. He hit a buck forty last year w very little pop, and is now hitting .315 w the 3rd highest OPS on the team!

You can twist it however you want. I expected big things for him when he landed in Miami. He should be a double digit HR hitter driving in runs, but isn't.

You are just flat out lying about his strikeouts and walks. His strikeouts are not the lowest. The fact is he has the 4th MOST strikeouts on the team despite having nearly half as many ABs as the other 3 ahead of him. Put another way, Carrier has the HIGHEST strikeout rate 19/50 (38%).

Carrier has 10 walks in 50 ABs (20%). That's very good, but not the best. Kulikowski has 11 walks in just 29 ABs. More walks than Carrier in 21 fewer ABs. Villegas has 23 walks in 94 ABs (24%) to lead the team. More than twice as many walks as Carrier at a higher percentage.

Your arguments are just no true. Carrier should be an RBI leader not BB leader from which he is
neither.

Simple put, Carrier hasn't developed much beyond what we saw from him as a freshman. I wish he were "That Dude." We could really use the production, but it simply isn't there.
I expected big things when he arrived on campus like most of us. I was in Chapel Hill his first year and saw the raw power on a HR. For someone who was a 3 sport athlete, he sure isn't very athletic.
I say we ride with what we have and get Costello and Carrier at bats here and there. But, not count on them as the season goes on.
Anyone have a Reyes update?

Advertisement
I expected big things when he arrived on campus like most of us. I was in Chapel Hill his first year and saw the raw power on a HR. For someone who was a 3 sport athlete, he sure isn't very athletic.
I say we ride with what we have and get Costello and Carrier at bats here and there. But, not count on them as the season goes on.
Anyone have a Reyes update?
I wish carrier was further along in his development. I can't tell if his swing is long or he just isn't identifying pitches quickly enough. He has a lot of swing and miss. I don't know the cause.

Advertisement
Back