3/24/24 Game 23: ND 13-10 W

Advertisement
We did what we needed to do and avoided being swept, but Clemson looks like a national title contender so I'm expecting a horror movie next weekend sadly.

Advertisement
Just finished replay - nice comeback. Long and Kulikowski two outs hits in the 9th set up the 10th inning rally.

OF the rest of the way should be Cyr, Long, Kulikowski (ND base-running bailed out Villegas - put him at DH).
Cuvet looked like our most experienced player on offense and defense.
Long made his start pay off.
Hernandez may have to go to mid-week if he can't command his curveball.

Advertisement
Just finished replay - nice comeback. Long and Kulikowski two outs hits in the 9th set up the 10th inning rally.

OF the rest of the way should be Cyr, Long, Kulikowski (ND base-running bailed out Villegas - put him at DH).
Cuvet looked like our most experienced player on offense and defense.
Long made his start pay off.
Hernandez may have to go to mid-week if he can't command his curveball.
What scares me about Hernandez being the midweek guy though, is the fact that we still play Florida Atlantic 3 more times who is definitely capable of giving him some ugly stat lines. I'd like to see Crowther get a chance on Sundays though.

Advertisement
I’d hope he’s starting Tuesday and unavailable
Call me an idiot but I say start Dwyer and see if he can get you 2 innings before Crowther out of 'pen.

For no other reason than because Crowther responded well to that scenario last week.

Advertisement
Call me an idiot but I say start Dwyer and see if he can get you 2 innings before Crowther out of 'pen.

For no other reason than because Crowther responded well to that scenario last week.
It’s an interesting thought, but I also want a read on him as a starter, especially on the road, as soon as possible if Herick continues to struggle.

A bit of a gamble…but Scinta and Walters throw well the next week maybe you start to build Robert into the Sunday guy. I mean even if his velo dips a touch he has some sink, he located well, he has a breaking ball and decent change. He handled 50 pitches yesterday pretty well.

Again a bit extreme but just thinking outside the typical Miami box. Put him Sunday, Herick then becomes a potential nice mid week match up vs the non conference teams 4th or 5th arm or freshman spot starts

A bit of a gamble…but Scinta and Walters throw well the next week maybe you start to build Robert into the Sunday guy. I mean even if his velo dips a touch he has some sink, he located well, he has a breaking ball and decent change. He handled 50 pitches yesterday pretty well.

Again a bit extreme but just thinking outside the typical Miami box. Put him Sunday, Herick then becomes a potential nice mid week match up vs the non conference teams 4th or 5th arm or freshman spot starts
Not that extreme, considering that's what Palmquist did, albeit at the start of a new season. Robert certainly has the size to be a starter at some point.

Advertisement
Back