3/22/24 Game 22: ND 12-9 L

A huge chunk of these Southern kids have never played north of Lake Point. With the stadium and turf it prob isn’t that awful. I played and coached on D2/D3 fields that had snow around the edges, were wind tunnels and had no dugouts.
Agree. It's one thing to wear proper undergarments to keep your extremities somewhat loose, but come on w the face masks and scarfs. Upper 40's is not cold at all once you start moving around.

Advertisement
Going to be even colder tomorrow. So, Scanlon had better give his teammates a quick lesson on hitting in the cold.
Its going to feel like 30 with wind chill the whole game tomorrow. I hope they just gut through it because I'm starting to really not like our chances.

Advertisement
This is gonna happen many more times this year. As I’ve stated, there is nothing sustainable about this team, other than losing. As soon as the HR numbers come back down to earth, you’ll see more of what was expected preseason, a .500ish or below team.

This is why road games get a bump in the RPI, it’s a heck of a lot harder to win on the road than at home.

Miami’s effort was putrid today to my eye. Looked shocked at cold weather. Some of that is probably on the coaching staff, but most of it is on the players.

They’ve had too many comebacks and late battles to say they aren’t gritty. I just think the cold bothered them that much. The response to it is what I’m interested to see.

A huge chunk of these Southern kids have never played north of Lake Point. With the stadium and turf it prob isn’t that awful. I played and coached on D2/D3 fields that had snow around the edges, were wind tunnels and had no dugouts.
Maybe we should only recruit kids on the Mason Dixon line then so they aren’t uncomfortable in any weather.

Soft. Not the best baseball players. Not led by the best pick for manager. Miami Athletics.

This is why road games get a bump in the RPI, it’s a heck of a lot harder to win on the road than at home.

Miami’s effort was putrid today to my eye. Looked shocked at cold weather. Some of that is probably on the coaching staff, but most of it is on the players.

They’ve had too many comebacks and late battles to say they aren’t gritty. I just think the cold bothered them that much. The response to it is what I’m interested to see.
Yeah I definitely agree and if they are anything close to a good team they will come back and win the next 2. Anything less it's going to be an extremely long season sadly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back