3/19/24 Game 21: FIU 12-8

How much longer should we continue the platoon at SS and RF? Part of me would like to see JD stick with seniors Urso and Costello batting 8-9th and expect that their experience will pay dividends eventually.

Advertisement
How much longer should we continue the platoon at SS and RF? Part of me would like to see JD stick with seniors Urso and Costello batting 8-9th and expect that their experience will pay dividends eventually.
I am guessing that JD is probably torn between the "win now" or "develop for 2025" quandary as well. I suspect he'll wait to see how the next few ACC road series play out before deciding to roll the dice and go for it this year.

Tough decision for that 8-9 spots in the lineup.
Hard to believe Costello hit like .280 last year at Wake.
I had Urso penciled in as my leadoff hitter before the season.

Dorian to short (can't be any worse with the glove than Jimmenez), Blake back to 2d (even though he's probably better out there) - then you can go Old Testament and split the baby in the outfield, Costello in left (I refuse to believe he forgot how to hit) and Kulikowski in right.

Advertisement
Back