3/16/24 Game 19: UNC 11-7 W

Advertisement
Advertisement
To add to my point above this right here is the importance of the midweek games. Huge series win this weekend but unless we sweep it’s another .500 week. Which won’t have us sniffing the NCAA.

Advertisement
RPI up to 97. Could be 80ish with a sweep
Yup. As crazy as it might sound, it’s essentially net neutral on the W/L record portion if we lose tomorrow.

You get 1.3 for a road win and .7 for a home win.

So, Miami has already secured 1.4 wins in the series, but if they lose, will secure 1.3 losses.

For a W/L percentage of .519.

It also highlights why teams fight so hard to avoid a sweep. If UNC gets tomorrow, they end up 1.3-1.4 in the series for the RPI calculation.

Road wins are so big to get that RPI into at-large territory.

Yup. As crazy as it might sound, it’s essentially net neutral on the W/L record portion if we lose tomorrow.

You get 1.3 for a road win and .7 for a home win.

So, Miami has already secured 1.4 wins in the series, but if they lose, will secure 1.3 losses.

For a W/L percentage of .519.

It also highlights why teams fight so hard to avoid a sweep. If UNC gets tomorrow, they end up 1.3-1.4 in the series for the RPI calculation.

Road wins are so big to get that RPI into at-large territory.
Good intel.

Miamis weekend starters can compete against anyone. Will have some bumps in the road I’m sure but there is a shot when these guys take the hill. Be patient, I think they will all continue to get better.

Advertisement
Miamis weekend starters can compete against anyone. Will have some bumps in the road I’m sure but there is a shot when these guys take the hill. Be patient, I think they will all continue to get better.
Last two nights were really impressive.
Nice to have Walters and Robert at the back end of the bullpen.
This staff needs Vargas and others to get healthy in a hurry.

Advertisement
Back