3 - 0 WITH OUT NEWTON: Newton Off Suspension ??

Don't think so at all. Jaquan is a far better player then DJ. DJ has found a role on this team, and its great, but Quan is a far more dynamic player that is ideal in the 6th man role. DJ should be an 8th man, which he currently is.

I love Bruce, he is a star, but people are also forgetting how many careless turnovers he makes, he is not tight with the ball.

yes but bruce is a freshman and he still shakes off those negative plays and moves on with ease.
he shows that quality that you must have even when u make a mistake he keeps playing team
ball thru out unlike newton.

Advertisement
Need Jaquan. His ability to drive the basket is the best on the team. He just needs to pass the ball more and limit the turnovers. He did that against NC

Hmm I feel like Brown is the best at driving. Has some trouble finishing sometimes though, and needs to drive more.

Don't think so at all. Jaquan is a far better player then DJ. DJ has found a role on this team, and its great, but Quan is a far more dynamic player that is ideal in the 6th man role. DJ should be an 8th man, which he currently is.

I love Bruce, he is a star, but people are also forgetting how many careless turnovers he makes, he is not tight with the ball.

Brown has far fewer turnovers than Newton

Brown has far fewer turnovers than Newton

Brown Assist to TO ratio: 3.3 to 2.1
Newton Assist to TO ratio: 3.6 to 3.5

It's not even close.

Advertisement
Need Jaquan. His ability to drive the basket is the best on the team. He just needs to pass the ball more and limit the turnovers. He did that against NC

Hmm I feel like Brown is the best at driving. Has some trouble finishing sometimes though, and needs to drive more.

Newton is better, but Brown is good. I wish he would get rid of the one handed dunk. It is a failed shot.

Alot of good posts on Newtons' play. I agree that he needs to play within the offence. He can draw defenders and create open space for other players. But when he decides to dribble and go 1 against 5 he is a disaster. A turnover machine who makes me pull out my hair.

Freddie, I respectfully disagree with you. Brown is FAR BETTER than Newton and he is just a true freshmen. I hope Coach L goes back to last year and brings the turnover machine off the bench. That's where he belongs my friend!

Newton needs to be 6th man. Pretty clear. Great going to the basket. Other then that he's so-so.

Advertisement
Newton disrupts offensive rhythm and ball movement. he plays too much 1 on 1 bball. Hes basically like a smaller Melo without the shot, which is how Melo makes his living lol. We are obviously a deeper team with him and while he does have his moments, i think we would have lost last night if he played. Needs to go back to 6th man, hes better in short spurts.

Last edited:
guy woulda been a train wreck in the style of game that was being played yesterday... unless we all of a sudden decide to run and gun, he should be the 7th man

Laughing at some of the posts in this thread. If the team is going to do anything in the postseason we need Newton.

Advertisement
Newton disrupts offensive rhythm and ball movement. he plays too much 1 on 1 bball. Hes basically like a smaller Melo without the shot, which is how Melo makes his living lol. We are obviously a deeper team with him and while he does have his moments, i think we would have lost last night if he played. Needs to go back to 6th man, hes better in short spurts.

Well said. The only thing I would add is in order for us to have the chance to win a couple games in the tourney with him as the 6th man is if he gets minutes like a starter and finishes games. The only way this could happen though is if he starts playing within the offense and doesn't hurt our ball movement. We need Newton's talent on this team but it can't be at the expense of no ball movement and extra turnovers.

Laughing at some of the posts in this thread. If the team is going to do anything in the postseason we need Newton.

Sort of. The team could use Newton to fill the Vinny "Microwave" Johnson role. Even on this young squad lacking depth he shouldn't be starting. And he really shouldn't be starting at pg. Let him come off the bench and do his hero ball thing when the offense is sputtering.

Freddie, I respectfully disagree with you. Brown is FAR BETTER than Newton and he is just a true freshmen. I hope Coach L goes back to last year and brings the turnover machine off the bench. That's where he belongs my friend!

Everyone here knows that Brown is almost 21 years old...right? Physically and mentally he is not a "true" freshman.

Advertisement

Everyone here knows that Brown is almost 21 years old...right? Physically and mentally he is not a "true" freshman.

Technically, he turns 21 in August

Yep... I graduated from college after just turning 22.

Is it just me, or when someone refers to a player as a true freshman...one thinks of a kid that is 18 years old that literally was in study hall a year ago?

Sort of. The team could use Newton to fill the Vinny "Microwave" Johnson role. Even on this young squad lacking depth he shouldn't be starting. And he really shouldn't be starting at pg. Let him come off the bench and do his hero ball thing when the offense is sputtering.

Upvote for the microwave reference

never said we didn't need him, just not his baggage. if you have been watching you would know that when things
not going his way he quits on the team by playing selfish 1 on 1. need him yeah on that pine.

Advertisement
Back