2nd string OL

Can't cry over spilled milk. I trust Searels, he's BEEN tryn to light a fire on the second string OL ***.

Hayden Mahoney's been a pleasant surprise. Kai-Leon needs time but I think by mid-season he'll be ready for ACC playtime.

I feel a lot better about the OL than 10 months ago

Advertisement
I think the 2nd team OL struggles as a unit because as a collection of OL they're not very good, or just aren't ready.

But you can probably get away with plugging someone in at any of the 5 spots along the starting OL and the unit wouldn't suffer very much.

We tried that last year remember?

proxy.php

We definitely had more game-ready reserves last year with Gall, St. Louis, Gauthier.

There's 7 OL on the roster who have played in a college game. Have to stay healthy or we're toast.

Can't cry over spilled milk. I trust Searels, he's BEEN tryn to light a fire on the second string OL ***.

Hayden Mahoney's been a pleasant surprise. Kai-Leon needs time but I think by mid-season he'll be ready for ACC playtime.

I feel a lot better about the OL than 10 months ago

Spilled milk? UM fans are busy fretting over unspilled milk. We don't even wait for it to spill.

G. Brown has been a pretty big disappointment to this point, considering many felt he could push for a starting job (possibly even at LT), and now we're discussing him as a guy we're crossing our fingers can provide decent depth on the 2nd team OL. I hope he can turn it around soon.

Advertisement
It's encouraging that Richt said of the 2nd string that he believes they are physically capable, but they have to get better with their assignments. I feel like these young guys are hungrier and better coached. Tie that with the fact that we don't have as brutal October stretch as we did last year, and I could see some of the 2nd string guys making significant improvements by the 2nd half of the season.

Sounds like coach talk to me. We need to stay healthy, simple as that.

Could be coach speak. I was kinda hoping he was referring to our younger guys maybe not knowing the book assignments well enough to run tempo and execute well enough to not slow us down. Nothing screws up a hi-tempo offense like a false start or a sack.

Advertisement
Back